17 x 8 w/ 4.5" B.S. on a '73 Duster?

-

ElephantKiller

Reaction score
Alright, I know it may be blasphemy, but I was pondering some wheel options for my '73 Duster and I thought about some Mustang wheels.

I'm not talking factory wheels, but some aftermarket wheels that are similar in appearance to the late model "Bullit" wheels. I surfed e-bay and found some rim + tire packages that had 17 x 8 with 4.5" back spacing. The rims are wrapped in 225/45ZR17 tires. Now to my question, will this combo work on the Duster?

Sidebar: There are none of those dirty blue ovals on the wheels. So that is not a concern.

Hmmm, I'd like to know myself if those would fit. Are you running stock springs and wheelwells?

The back wheels will be real close to the springs but I think it will work I have 15X7" with 4-7/8" backspace on my car with no wheel spacers.

Not sure about the front

Yes, I have a stock setup. Stock rear spring locations and stock discs up front. I'm thinking the rears will work, I've read past posts and read that 4.5 is the max as far as back spacing. The fronts is what I'm worried about, especially with the 17" rims. I'm thinking that in a full wheel lock turn it may contact.

-
Back