17 year old kid tried to buy my bracket racer :(

-
in most states a minor ..someone under the age of 18 can not enter into a legal contract to buy anything...like said before...do not sell to a minor...an adult over the age 18 yes...

in most states a minor ..someone under the age of 18 can not enter into a legal contract to buy anything...like said before...do not sell to a minor...an adult over the age 18 yes...

Exactly

It's not "illegal" to sell to a minor, it's an unenforcable contract that the minor has COMPLETE control over. Doesn't matter if it's notorized, transferred to the minors name, nothing... the minor can void the contract at ANY time, something that the adult seller can not! It's a one way street.

Now if it was me, I would not sell it to him with out the parents consent> He may be able to drive the car ok, My son was driving my drag car at 17 years old, but he grew up with it too.

Now if it was me, I would not sell it to him with out the parents consent> He may be able to drive the car ok, My son was driving my drag car at 17 years old, but he grew up with it too.

parent would have to buy car....he is a MINOR.....

That sounds like the safest idea possible to me. Better safe than sorry. No matter the situation.I remember how I drove at 17 and its not worth it. ](*,)

I have to go with chuck on this one ... i remember them days ... i was the one beside him saying come on .. come on do it doit . and what not lol it went both was when i got my coronet lol but hay we didnt have 500+hp .. idk if we would be here if we had that i think u have the right think in mind even if he gets back with ya :happy1:

yes ive had that happen to me a few years ago but it was my brothers son who showed up at my door with 2000 dollars,thinkig id sell it to him because i was going through a divorce at the time, no sale.

Like many have said the legal contract issue is a bigger concern than his age. You can tell if he knows about the car and how to handle it buy listening to him (notice I said listening to him not talking to him) whether he is 17 or 57. I bought my first Barracuda when I was 14 and when I was 17 I was driving a 413 powered Road Runner.

I have to agree here on, "Sell it to the parents."

Well as being a teenager myself (i will be 20 in december) it all depends on the kid and how well you know him and it looks like you dont i am responsible behind the wheel i take my 11 second 4cylinder srt4 to the track and thats were the speed stays i havent got any tickets at all in the 4 years i have driven so its really about responsibility and if you want to sell that car to someone you dont know if is going to tear it up or actually take care of it.

Well as being a teenager myself (i will be 20 in december) it all depends on the kid and how well you know him and it looks like you dont i am responsible behind the wheel i take my 11 second 4cylinder srt4 to the track and thats were the speed stays i havent got any tickets at all in the 4 years i have driven so its really about responsibility and if you want to sell that car to someone you dont know if is going to tear it up or actually take care of it.

It is not about being a teenager...It is about being a MINOR............under 18....

The parents would have to be involved in a matter such as that. Back in the day, one of the local dealers had a '68 Camaro (pro street would have been the term in those days) with a built to the hilt 396 4 speed. The car would just about jump a keg . Just a plain nasty machine (even if it was a Chevy lol). The salesman figured it was to big of a liability and refused to sell it to the young guy.

My dad was looking out for me in the late 90's. I was 18 years old and got a lead on a '68 Valiant. The Valiant ended up being a 2dr. post with a hot 383 in it!! Dad told me right quick that I didn't need that. Never even got a halfway fast car till after high school. Looking back, my old man was just looking out for me and any responsible parent should do the same. I do all my playing at the drags. Ok, So I did leave a hazy burnout on a backroad but hey ..no exhibition of speed or nothing like that lolol..

-
Back