170 motor pics in early A body

-

Mister Twister

Reaction score
I would like to see the back of the water pump area. Any driver side pics would be nice, thanks Don

I don't have any pics that would help you. You are correct, about the rib on the back of the water pump, on the block. When I modified my Cliffords I did not notice that, and the # 1 pipe just barely hit it. In my case I just ground a small amount off the rib for clearence. On the Clifford rear section, no problem with the starter, but did have to "dimple" the #5 pipe, to keep it from rubbing on the front bolt head, for the trans to block brace.

pump2.jpg

pump1.jpg

Hope this helps! If you need other pics pileas let me know. I'm interested in the outcome of your manifold.

pump2.jpg

pump1.jpg

Hope this helps! If you need other pics pileas let me know. I'm interested in the outcome of your manifold.
Thank you linc . We just sent you A pm on the pics still needed. Would your interest be in the PowerPipe design or some other length standard header style? Thanks for the info and pics Don.

headerclearance003.jpg

headerclearance005.jpg

headerclearance001.jpg

headerclearance006.jpg

headercl2.jpg

With little to no options for a 170 i'm interested in any "power adder"design

Good job linc!!
I am looking ate the same problem.
But I hope Mister Twister can come though for us.
Here is my 63 red 200 I sold and the next A body 4 door
I will be needing a fit for.

LIFE 029.jpg

LIFE 030.jpg

LIFE 269.jpg

LIFE 276.jpg

LIFE 271.jpg

I may be wrong but it looks like the bypass hose iis a bout 3" long, if so that would make it a 225 as the 170's hose is only about 1".

Thank you all for the pics. DartCuda see the pics of motor mount and starter area. If you could also get thoes, this would help little more. Getting things togeather for that build. Looks like we could slash cut the ends for the clearance on the water pump side. If linc's is A 225 he is ready for A set. This weekend these modifacitions will be complete. Thank yall again Don.

Thanks again for the pics. What is the least distance between, the intake to the starter? Not much I see.

-
Back