1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe

-
wish mine was a third that nice!

Post some pics of it or email them to me, I would love to see it?

The Rustoleum thread,good info there.

I will check that thread out today. Thanks for the lead!

I Like it! 2dr sedans rule. PS a big block will fit in there nice!

If I take the original motor and trans out I will end up replacing it Cummins 4bt. I met a guy at a car show that has a 50 Dodge sedan and he is pumping out a **** load of hp and torque and getting over 30mpg (when he keeps his foot out off the throttle).

Ok I just read the article about the guy that has painted a few cars with a paint roller, and I have to say I'm hooked. I will be trying this out in a few weeks. I just priced everything on lowes.com and it is only going to cost me about $60-$75 to get the paint job done. I will keep you all posted on the progress. I'm adding a pic of the material I'm using to make the headliner, part of the seats, and possibly the door panels.

Attachments

• 10276569_627297937324572_1528096817_n.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 283
Ok I have spent hours trying to find Tremclad in the States but apparently it can only be purchased in Canada.

I just got this in the mail for the Plymouth. 1950's Coldmaster under dash cooler. I traded some license plates for it, and I think I got a good deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_104600030.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20140422_104605779.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 281
very cool build, I have a 1947 club coupe I hope to get to soon.

Thank you. The club coupes are awesome! I have everything I need to finish this car out now except for a dang headliner that I can use as a pattern. I wont buy a new one just to cut it up so I need to find a good enough used one to use.

Love that old school cooler.....

I got it off of a guy in Louisiana. He has a **** load more, I think he bought a ware house cause he has boxes upon boxes of these and several other NOS vintage cars parts and extras.

I have his contact info if anyone is interested in buying one from him.

I was trying to figure out a way to rig a light up in the trunk of my Plymouth. I looked at several trunk light kits but they all looked boring, so I started digging through boxes and was hit with inspiration. I took an old marvel inverse oiler added a 18" led light strip and BAM, I have a unique one off trunk light. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 1959338_632599516794414_6621161238002620586_n.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 10337738_632599533461079_2495196625027863974_n.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 228
I'm getting ready to start paint this weekend. Got to go out and start sanding and washing tomorrow.

Man someone offered me a car today that I really have to think hard about! Im wanting to finish this car out but man being offered your favorite car puts you in a bind.

Man someone offered me a car today that I really have to think hard about! Im wanting to finish this car out but man being offered your favorite car puts you in a bind.

As aggressive as I am,say no. Yoh know what you have. If the car rocks yiuy flanks,cool. Take the wife /a friend to judge non influence.... Sweet ride....

As aggressive as I am,say no. Yoh know what you have. If the car rocks yiuy flanks,cool. Take the wife /a friend to judge non influence.... Sweet ride....

my friends around here don't know a carb from a throttle body and my wife always says the same thing "do what makes you happy honey". I keep telling her not to say that cause I make dumbass decisions and I need structure! Lol

I have done so much to this car and now every time I go to work on it, I get bored within minutes and walk away.
I have got it sanded and primed, rebuilt the generator, rebuilt the speedometer, rebuilt the starter, new hoses, new belts, tuned the carb, new interior, new battery, new 8 ply tires. All that is left is to fix the few spots of rust and body damage and paint it.
I think now that I've got so close to the end working on it the novelty has worn off. Don't you hate it when that happens.

I bought one of these in 1967; low on bucks and needed a ride. $60 bucks and I was down the road. First stop was the muffler shop, since it didn't have one...

The thing ran great - just walk in and sit down. Mine was a 4-door though - loved the suicide doors. Try to remember not to forget to release the handbrake, though. If you forget, you will soon be reminded, not by the drag, but by billowing clouds of lining material and old oil cooked on down there, since it is just a band on the driveshaft...

-
Back