1952 Dodge truck carburetor issue

-

Skytony777

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 1952 Dodge truck with the 6-cylinder flat head engine. It has a single barrel Carter carburetor. He brought the carb and a rebuild kit to me to rebuild it. the kit is correct aside from the fact that it only comes with one accelerator pump. The carb has two. They are leather and are one unit with the shaft. In other words, one cannot change just the pump cup. Any ideas where to get the other pump? I will post a pic of the kit contents and another of the other pump that I can't find anywhere.

Carb kit.jpg

accel pump.jpg

Maybe post a picture of the carb it’s self. A single shot accelerator pump is typical and what you’re describing is not. But I no very little about that particular carb.
In most carb kits there is either a new shaft with the pump or just the seal and you work it around the shaft to get it into place.
More pictures and info is needed.
Syleng1

That's the wrong kit. That pump is completely wrong. Call Daytona Carburetor.

Probably got the wrong kit. If it's a Carter B&B there are two types. An E7T1 and E7T2

Maybe post a picture of the carb it’s self. A single shot accelerator pump is typical and what you’re describing is not. But I no very little about that particular carb.
In most carb kits there is either a new shaft with the pump or just the seal and you work it around the shaft to get it into place.
More pictures and info is needed.
Syleng1
Here are a couple pics of the carb and, I believe the carb #.

carb.jpg

carb1.jpg

-
Back