1954 Dodge truck

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a 1954 Dodge 1/2 ton truck.Does anyone out there have a 50's Dodge truck? How hard are parts to find? And I also would like to see a few Pictures if you have a 50's Dodge truck.I will be going the street rod way if I buy it.Anyone have a 50's or older Dodge or Plymouth truck for sale for $1000.00 or less??
Thanks,Jim

Dodge Trucks

I have a 48 dodge truck. It's complete motor is not stuck, body is pretty good, alot of surface rust but not much rust through anywhere. 800.00 obo. Thanks Rick

Here are a couple of pictures of a 54 pickup that is parked at a business near me. I went there to try to secure a 65 Valiant wagon and the owner showed me this. He wants to small block it and I'm trying to work out a deal for a small block set-up I have in exchange for the wagon. As you can see, the truck is super solid and completely intact. I asked him if it was for sale but was told that he would not sell it. I do know that he is a seller of vehicles though, and I would not be surprised if it came up for sale sometime down the road. I would love to have this truck and I would urge you to buy the one you are looking at. Just look at the style and personality of that front end, AWESOME!!! Feast your eyes on it, and enjoy your holiday all!!! Geof

100_0956.jpg

100_0957.jpg

100_0958.jpg

I think I have a deal worked out on the 54 truck.Does anyone know of any 40's and 50's Dodge truck web sites.

I used to have a few, I've got a '53 that I'll eventually finish, I'll see if I can dig them up. FYI, the bed on that truck is not a '54. In fact, its not even a '53, it would be earlier. Also, I think the cab style changed in '54, that would be a pre-'54 style. '54's had a one piece windshield, '53's and earlier had the split style...

0603cct_dodg_01_z.jpg

_00002.jpg

_00001.jpg

here is my 51 fargo and you will have better luck finding parts for a 54 than a 48-53. Im trying to find a tailgate for a 51-53 for my Dad and not haven to much luck

IM000265.jpg

I was able to get running boards and a fender for my '53 from the wrecking yards, but they are harder to find. I'm still looking for some of the info I had on parts suppliers...

And its definitely not a '54 body, you'll need pre '54 parts. It may have been registered as a '54, but its the early body style.

I was able to get running boards and a fender for my '53 from the wrecking yards, but they are harder to find. I'm still looking for some of the info I had on parts suppliers...

And its definitely not a '54 body, you'll need pre '54 parts. It may have been registered as a '54, but its the early body style.

Yup I agree that truck is 51-52 it has barrel rear fenders and that didn,t change till 53 . the grill is also like the one I have 54 is differant

My '52 (for over 10 years). No cracks about the 5.0 emblems please. I put them on there when several guys at the local Mopar club were giving me some serious cr*p about the 302/C4 I put in there to get it running. At the time, I had no other good drivetrains lying around and it would have been another year or so before I had the time and money to get a 360/727 in there.

The funny thing is every time they spouted off their usual cr*p about 302, I would ask them who wanted to donate a really good running 360 and 727? Because if you do, I'll put it in there right away. Interesting, I never had any takers.

P1310036 copy.jpg

The one I am looking at is a 54 it has the one piece windshield which I like much better.I was wondering what was the deal with the 54 with the two piece windshield.Thats because its a 53 or older.What other differences does a 54 have as compared to a 53.Looks like the body line in the doors is different. Jim

Here's a picture of a stock '54...

_00004.jpg

The hood, doors, fender, front shroud, grille and cab are all different from the '53. Basically the all the front end body stuff. Not sure about the bed, but it looks to be the same as the '53, but remember that's still different from the '52 and older. There's a gallery here of old Dodge trucks, might help some with the research

http://www.dodgepilothouseclub.org/dodge/dodge.htm

My thoughts were maybe the cab and bed might fit on a mid 90's Dakota Frame.I am thinking this would be more modern suspension,brakes,etc.
Jim

I'm not sure it was a Dakota frame, but I know I've seen a dodge truck of this vintage put on a late model frame. It probably was a Dakota because of the size. I'll see if I can find it again...

Looks like I will be getting the truck this Sunday.It cost me $500.00 + a Body 4 speed+a 383 intake.It is a basket case and is 99% rustfree.I will be getting it with no title.So I am on my own there.Where are the vin tags on these trucks?I have no idea.But I will take a guess the drivers side door jamb,and on the firewall on the drivers side.
O ya I getting rid of one project and getting another.This is really a sickness right guys.I need this truck like another hole in my head.LOL I have always wanted a old Dodge truck.
Jim

O ya I getting rid of one project and getting another.This is really a sickness right guys.I need this truck like another hole in my head.LOL I have always wanted a old Dodge truck.
Jim

Tell me about it! I have the challenger, the "new" dart, the '53 dodge, and a '56 healey all with plenty of work to do! And that doesn't even count any motorcycles!

But it sounds like a cool truck, and a good project.

As far as the VIN goes, I'm pretty sure its on the driver's side door jamb. And I'm not sure there's another one either ( I don't recall any tags on the firewall), the further back you go the less numbers there are...

Its definitely a sickness.

Here are a couple of pictures of a 54 pickup that is parked at a business near me. I went there to try to secure a 65 Valiant wagon and the owner showed me this. He wants to small block it and I'm trying to work out a deal for a small block set-up I have in exchange for the wagon. As you can see, the truck is super solid and completely intact. I asked him if it was for sale but was told that he would not sell it. I do know that he is a seller of vehicles though, and I would not be surprised if it came up for sale sometime down the road. I would love to have this truck and I would urge you to buy the one you are looking at. Just look at the style and personality of that front end, AWESOME!!! Feast your eyes on it, and enjoy your holiday all!!! Geof
Im pretty sure that truck is a 53 or older. 54 was the first year for the non-split windshield. Heres my 54 farm truck.

Picture1.jpg

here is my 51 fargo and you will have better luck finding parts for a 54 than a 48-53. Im trying to find a tailgate for a 51-53 for my Dad and not haven to much luck

IM000265.jpg

what color is it cus my friend thinks that its egg plant but i said its black

-
Back