1957 Chrysler Airport Limo. (not mine)

-

D Dodge

Reaction score
This is the car I posted in the "Mopars jn the Wild" thread a while back. I saw it on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it, so I stopped to look at it. The owner says that it runs and drives but has bad brakes. He wants $5000 or best offer. He said he has a clear title for it. If you are interested in it PM me and I can give you the phone number. It is located on the Red Arrow Highway in Bridgman in Southwest Michigan. Looks like a good project.

Attachments

• 100_8685 (Small).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 2,047
  • 100_8689 (Small).JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,300
  • 100_8691 (Small).JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 100_8688 (Small).JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 100_8692 (Small).JPG
    106 KB · Views: 1,061
Not mine, but if someone is truly interested, I can probably go take a look at it since I live in SW MI, just depends on where on Red Arrow it's located.

D Dodge, do you know what city/town?

That is the most interesting piece of mopar history I've seen in a long time. If rarity determined value it would be a bargain at $5K. This one is going to be tough to find a home for I think. No way it will fit in my tiny a$$ garage. If only I had a wife and 11 kids I could justify it as the new family SUV. I do hope it gets saved and not scrapped.

I wanna get it and make it run 6s in the 660. lol

I wanna get it and make it run 6s in the 660. lol

That rear end reminds me of some pro mod cars. Like this one... (yeah, that Joker clown really does that stuff but watch him fade in the heat of day).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lEG2yThZxc"]Tim Segars (Batman) Racing -- ProMod Shootout Summary -- Holiday Raceway -- 5/21/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Not mine, but if someone is truly interested, I can probably go take a look at it since I live in SW MI, just depends on where on Red Arrow it's located.

D Dodge, do you know what city/town?
Its in Bridgman. Take I-94 to exit 16 at Bridgman and go South. Its on the right side of the road just past Warren Dunes Park. I'm a lot closer than you are, so I could inspect it for a serious potential buyer. Nice of you to offer, though.

Since everyone else is commenting I agree that's sooo cool. I really hope someone decides to restore this rare piece of history. Looking at the 1957 paint chart I think it's either Parade Green Poly or Indian Turquoise. Imagine how it would look brought back....

This car has been restored and now operates as a limo by Abovetheglenlimo.com.

I owe a new member an apology, I received a PM telling me this and seeing a zero post count and the fact that I forgot about this, I automatically was suspicious of the message thinking it was Spam or a hacker and I reported it. Sorry I jumped to that wrong conclusion.

Anyway the car looks good and kudos to whoever saved it and restored this very unusual Mopar.

-
Back