1960 Valiant Gauges QUESTION.. HELP!!!

-

jkallen83

Reaction score
I got my 1960 Valiant back on the road after having to get a custom radiator built.

My fuel gauge dont work so i ordered a new one... THEN i read that there is a gauge voltage regulator??? And early a-bodies is bad to go bad???

Anyway, how do i locate this regulator and how do i fix it?

I got my 1960 Valiant back on the road after having to get a custom radiator built.

My fuel gauge dont work so i ordered a new one... THEN i read that there is a gauge voltage regulator??? And early a-bodies is bad to go bad???

Anyway, how do i locate this regulator and how do i fix it?

ok on a body mopars it is a silver module on back of gauge cluster. It is supposed to regulate 5 volts but it is a real crude design. easy to make a solid state regulater, look on internet. I made one and it works great.

Not all regulators are plugged into the back of the panel. Some , like e-body, are mounted remotely and hard wired to the panel. Others are housed inside the fuel gauge or inside the temp gauge.
If you don't find it plugged into a printed circuit board on the back of the panel, look for a gauge that has 3 contact/mounting posts. A 3 post gauge has the regulator inside.

Redfish u r right. The car dont have a circuit board everything is straight wired. But the regulator is built into the temperature gauge.

I got it working now. Nice to know how much gas i have now lol.

-
Back