-
Status
Not open for further replies.

challengersteve

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
You are buying a 1961 Plymouth Valiant 4 door sedan. The price is 750.00.

This is a very solid Arkansas car that was driven up until a couple years ago when the previous owner decided to rebuild the engine and ran out of money.

The original 170 slant 6 engine is in very nice shape to rebuild and turns over fine. There are no damaged bores and it would probably re-ring fine. The head looks like someone started rebuilding it as there are several new valves installed. The special 60 - 61 only motor mounts are in place as well as most everything for the engine except for the intake and exhaust manifold, as far as I can tell. The original pushbutton automatic transmission is included and complete but I would rebuild it before use. The original radiator is still in place as well as the fan and pulleys.

This is manual steering, manual brakes and non-air and was probably radio delete as I do not see an antenna hole in the fender.

The interior is complete and the seats look fine for a driver. The pushbutton shifter is in place but some of the buttons are missing (or may have fallen into the dash). All the glass is very nice except for the windshield has a couple of rock chips. The windshield is still very usable but not perfect.

The body looks very straight and does not appear to ever have been in a major accident. This is a VERY SOLID ARKANSAS CAR and only has a couple small places in the bottom of the trunk floor and a little bubbling in the very bottom of the quarters and fenders. The under carriage looks great and you can tell this can has not been driven in the road salt.

The only trim I see missing is some of the lower grille surround pieces, one of the V200 door emblems and one piece of door stainless.

I have an Arkansas title but but the previous owner never transferred it so you may need to have a duplicate title issued.

Attachments

• DSCN9910.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCN9908.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN9907.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN9911.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 328
  • DSCN9912.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCN9914.jpg