1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
Hey Stan. Just saw this. : ( Had to be tough to let this one go. You did some awesome work, amazing really, and should be very proud. I'll miss seeing updates on this cool Mopar. There is just something about it. : ) Best of luck on the Colt!! - Jerry

Last edited:
Today is a semi-sad day. Today I sold Lancersaurus. The plan was always to put the Hyper Pak in a early A body and fix it up. That was finished last year and I was pretty happy about how it all turned out. Anyway I need garage space and money for the Colt race car and the rest is history. I hope she lives the rest of her days pampered in a warm garage and gets driven on nice days to get a milkshake or watch a drive in movie. Sad to see her go, but I think she has a great new home.
Thank you to all the hundreds of friends who supported me on this journey, thanks for the compliments and folks I met along the way. From day one, through the theft and recovery, and the finished product. Thank you FABO for a place to show pictures and met great people.

From Feb 2010, it took almost 10 years but it was worth it.

View attachment 1715545730 View attachment 1715545732
I am in complete disbelief, I didn't catch the posts about the sale till now.

Any chance the new owner joins fabo or maybe already a member here??

I can't believe it, because your work is just absolutely amazing.

Hey Stan. Just saw this. : ( Had to be tough to let this one go. You did some awesome work, amazing really, and should be very proud. I'll miss seeing updates on this cool Mopar. There is just something about it. : ) Best of luck on the Colt!! - Jerry

Jerry, yea, bittersweet as I said. But time marches on and I am not getting any younger.

I am in complete disbelief, I didn't catch the posts about the sale till now.

Any chance the new owner joins fabo or maybe already a member here??

I can't believe it, because your work is just absolutely amazing.

Rani, yea he is a member, perhaps he will chime in at some point.
I appreciate your complements, that means a lot to me.
It was a lot of fun, and hard work, but the Colt is so exciting to me now.
It's a whole nuther world.
The good thing about the sale was it was like removing a band-aid.
One quick pull, a little pain and then you move on to the next cut and scrape.

I agree that work on that wagon was amazing. I know it was hard to let go, but going to someone that appreciates the car and all your work is what makes it all worthwhile
I bought, broke and trained my first horse at age 14 and rode him a couple of years before I sold him. I ran across the people that bought him a few months or so after and they praised the horse and my hard work til lI just blushed. That made all the work and bumps, so worthwhle, but the horse going to someone that appreciated him was the key. It is the same with these old cars were put so much effort into.

[QUOTE = "Hyper_pak, Beitrag: 1972447226, Mitglied: 13351"] Nun, hier ist es! Ich habe dieses Auto am 27. Februar 2010 gekauft. Es war ein Korbkoffer, kein Motor, Getriebe, Innenraum, nur die rollende Hülle. Ich habe keine Ahnung, wie lange sie gesessen hatte, aber heute brüllte sie wieder ins Leben. Und nicht nur ein bisschen schräg, sie klang großartig. Ich habe ein paar Timing-Anpassungen vorgenommen und es wurde lebendig. Ich kann dir nicht sagen, wie gut es sich anfühlte, eine weitere starke Neigung wieder zum Leben zu erwecken. Hier ist das Video, das mein Sohn gemacht hat. Es war toll, ihn hier zu haben und meine liebende Frau, die all diese Arbeit und Zeit in der Garage in Kauf genommen hat. Noch nicht fertig, aber das Ende ist in Sicht.
[MEDIA = Facebook] 10217351238669233 [/ MEDIA]

[ATTACH = voll] 1715305974 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = voll] 1715305975 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

wow so beautiful big gratulations from Switzerland, my Dodge Lancer 770 1961 is actually in progress i hope it comes good

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

That was a badass build, Stan. I know the new owner will appreciate it like you did. I am still in total AWE that you got that car back after all it went through.

[QUOTE = "Hyper_pak, Beitrag: 1973038665, Mitglied: 13351"] Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht aus der Schweiz! Wagen oder Limousine? [/ QUOTE]

Es ist eine Limousine, ich liebe es so sehr, es ist mein erstes Projekt.
20200610_213045.jpg
20200618_210505.jpg
20200610_213045.jpg
20200618_210505.jpg
IMG_20190324_153839.jpg

Very nice!
One reason I ask is I have a set of NOS Push Buttons for your 61, if it is an automatic. I would like to sell them.
I also has an NOS tail light bezel, but it is for a Station Wagon, different from a sedan.

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

That was a badass build, Stan. I know the new owner will appreciate it like you did. I am still in total AWE that you got that car back after all it went through.

Long eventful journey for sure!
But the Colt is number one and I am not good at multitasking in my old age. Real want to accomplish something with the slant. I have been running one since I was fifteen and while I used to be one of the fast guys, I am not any more. Not wanting to be top dog by any means, but I want to be a lot faster than my last quick slant.
Thanks for your complements Rusty all along the way.

Very nice!
One reason I ask is I have a set of NOS Push Buttons for your 61, if it is an automatic. I would like to sell them.
I also has an NOS tail light bezel, but it is for a Station Wagon, different from a sedan.

very nice that you ask. I have a question. does anyone have any idea how i can my dodge behind at original height? it is too high. its maybe the leafsprings or another point ?

Too high all around? Front and rear?
You can adjust the torsion bar height with a bolt on the lower control arms.
Silver painted bolt shown below.
IMG_7604.JPG

If your rear is too high, might have wrong springs.
You can install a 1 inch lowering block between spring and rear end.
Are all all the parts back in the car? Engine, interior, bumpers?
All the parts will make it sit lower.
Don't change anything till it's almost ready to drive.

Too high all around? Front and rear?
You can adjust the torsion bar height with a bolt on the lower control arms.
Silver painted bolt shown below.
View attachment 1715556745
If your rear is too high, might have wrong springs.
You can install a 1 inch lowering block between spring and rear end.
Are all all the parts back in the car? Engine, interior, bumpers?
All the parts will make it sit lower.
Don't change anything till it's almost ready to drive.

Thanks for your answer. I think its better to wait till de motor and all others is back in the car. I will see :) i hope its not the wrong leaf spring. Its not easy to find some parts in my country

-
Back