Status
Not open for further replies.

jmg72

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all.

I need to replace my rear frame rails on my 1962 Valiant A-Body. Since I will be into it, I want to replace the entire length both sides. Has anyone had any success buying pre-made rails from any of the shops out there? Can someone point me to a good supplier?

I saw some at Classic Industries, but the cross-section did not look correct in the picture on the web page.

thanks!

Looks like he listed them as "SOLD"... thanks, tho!

So still looking for frame rails...

I honestly do not know. I am a newbie to the early A-body world. Anyone else know?

It seems as though everything pre-1965 was unique, and the 60-62 were a unique set of everything in themselves. But Classic Industries lists a 60-76 rear frame rail (which I am a little skeptical on, as mentioned above).

I can not answer that question, the distance between the rails is narrower on the 62 all I know.

my 62 lancer the rear rails had rust on JUST the bottom sides. I went to co that sells whole sale steel and also does custom braking. I simply had them bend me "L" shaped pieces out of 14 ga I believe it was and cut out the rusty bottom of rails and welded these patches to them. $20. works out pretty slick.

works for me. if a "buyer" wants the car sometime in the future and does not LIKE my work , he can buy it do it to suit himself. after all its a slant 62 Lancer!

ask Lee Robinson about fitment, I would think a 1962 would be the same as this car was the basis of the 63-66 a body cars, 60-61 have quite a few more differences ,Lawrence

Ive been thinking about backhaven my valiant but i moved the springs inboard 3 inches mine might be available if you wanted
To go that route also the 8.75 thats under the car is going as well
Im in the jackson area pm me if your interested theres no rot on the rails

Did you talk to Cosgig? He messes with the pre 67 cars and may be able to help you out. There is an early 60's valiant in the yard near me. I'm guessing 62-3 4dr

Well I found a super solid 62 lancer near me.... Going to make one car out of two. :)

I'll be selling my Valiant soon once I take the needed parts off it (good engine, glass, etc). Stay tuned! Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back