1963 dart 2 door post cat whisker issue

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
Has anyone with a 2 door post car that has bought new car whiskers noticed a problem with fitment?

I just installed the glass runs on the driver side of my 2 door post dart and went to install the new car whiskers but the front door outer doesn't fit. The inner is fine as the door has multiple slots to fit to, but the outer is the same (all 4 are the same) and the clip closest to the vent window has no location to go into. There is one there but it is a good inch out of location.

I went on line to look and it appears the kits I see look the same as mine. I was hoping maybe I got the wrong kit or a mix up with 4 inners.

Also, was there a gap between the whiskers and the glass? There appears to be a gap on both the inside and outside when installed. I would have thought they should touch the glass.

Well the cat whiskers don't touch the glass on these old cars .

It would be nice if someone made them like the new cars where they are seals . But alas that wouldn't be correct .

Well the cat whiskers don't touch the glass on these old cars .

It would be nice if someone made them like the new cars where they are seals . But alas that wouldn't be correct .
How big should the gap be? Just want to be sure what I have is correct.

Yours is a Post Car so the window tracks keep the glass centered and prevent it from moving in and out , so the gap is almost as much as one whisker .

On the hard top like mine they keep the glass from rattling when open or part way down and again there is a gap .

Thats good to hear. I think that's about the gap I have. Only issue now is the clip issue I have. I just have to figure out if mine was a mistake or if all 2 door sedan kits are made this way. Does anyone know who makes topcat brand cat whiskers? I would like to contact them to see if maybe I got a mixup. Also curious if mine should have stainless along the top. I don't recall what the car had originally. I don't think it did.

-
Back