1963 Dart brake line

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
Looking for information on the size of the front crossover brake line for a 1963 Dart. That or where I can get a replacement without buying an entire kit.

I went to bleed the brakes last night only to find that one plugged. I bled the rear brakes no problem with only a tiny bit of dirt, no rust. Did the drivers tire no problem, not even a little dirt. Just nice clean fluid. Went to do the passenger side and only getting the tiniest amount of fluid. All rubber components as well as master and wheel cylinders are new. Loosened at the flex line and only got a dribble. Loosened at the distribution block and got a decent amount there. Only loosened about half a turn so I didn't expect a lot.

I tried bleeding a LOT on that wheel to be sure. Thought maybe faulty collapsed rubber line but I would've gotten a lot more when I loosened it there. Even confirmed by pressing the pedal and spinning the tires. All lock easily except that one. Doesn't do anything so no pressure going to that wheel .

Want to make as close to original as I can and get this done. This and to finish flushing the coolant passages is the only thing left to be one hundred percent mechanically complete.

If I've missed something feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance

I believe Fine Lines has the brake line you are looking for.This was my 64 Dart.This was a few years ago not sure if I bought direct or thru Jegs.
You didn't say that you are doing a dual master cylinder but it works on either.
It is not hard to make your own.I get wanting things to look factory.

IMG_1876.jpg

Line is 3/16. make your own using copper/nickel line. Bends and flairs easily.
I already have the copper nickel lined up. Was just wanting to see what size to get. All that's left is to measure it for length. Still have single master for now. Only a local weekend cruiser right now. Plan to upgrade later to power disc.

Thanks for all the help. Pulled the old line this morning. Measured it and pretty much exactly 60" long. Bonus. Picked up a new copper/nickel line. Bent it to match the original and installed it. Went pretty smooth. My son came out and helped me bleed the lines again. Didn't lose all the fluid from the master so I'm good to go. Car holds great. Even got to move the car under its own power for the first time since I've owned it. Never had brakes before

-
Back