1963 Dart outside mirror options

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
I am curious as to what different manual mirrors were offered on the 1963 Dart? I amin the process of putting mine back together after painting it and realized my new twin post mirror I ordered won't fit the holes in the door. They are the original holes as the car was original paint when I purchased it. Unfortunately, the original mirror was missing when I got it so I just ordered the twin post as I thought that was original.

I read somewhere on here that there was different chrysler mirrors offered in 63 for these cars. I would like to replace it with the proper one if possible to eliminate having to deal with the extra hole in the door. Wouldn't have been an issue if I spotted it before paint, but too late for that now.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am confident in the fact that the twin post mirror I have is a correct twin post. I ordered it from a Mopar restoration parts company with a good reputation up here. The issue is that I am pretty sure my car never came with a twin post from the factory.

As I stated I saw on a thread that there was at least 2 Mopar non-twin post manual mirrors offered back then, just no mention what they were.

How about a photo of what you have? As far as I know, there were only two mirror options that year. The twin post manual, and the cable remote type. I've seen many of them with a RH mirror added (both types), but, I've never seen a '63 with a factory RH mirror yet.

I will get pictures soon. I did measure the holes on my door and they are 4 inches apart.

Keep in mind sideview mirrors were optional, and many cars were built without them. Yes, they were available through Mopar, so dealers could install them on cars not originally equipped, but many dealers just put on generic aftermarket mirrors instead—and that's aside from the first or subsequent car owners who had a non-dealer shop install a mirror, or did it themselves.

-
Back