1963 Dart rear headliner bow listing wires question

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting ready to install my headliner in my 63 Dart 2 door post. When I got the car a number of parts were lost, including the rear window reinforcement and listing wires for the last headliner bow (look like a "J" hook to hold the last bow. Car had previous damage to the rear window area that has since been repaired)

Fortunately I was able to find a replacement that matched out of a 64 Dart 4 door sedan. I took the wires and all. The fit was perfect in my car. The issue I have is that the bows on my car seem to be getting pulled back towards the rear of the car. What I just thought of is that the 64-on darts had a larger rear window, thus moving the rear window brace forward towards the front of the car by probably 2 1/2 to 3 inches. My guess is that the 63 dart would have had longer wires to hold the rear headliner bow in the same position. I just need to confirm this.

Does anyone by chance have a 63 Dart with the headliner currently removed that can measure this wire for me? I want to be sure this is the issue I am having before I move forward.

Thanks in advance

Here are the wires I am referring to

rear listing wires.jpg

-
Back