1963 data plate info

-

prorac1

Reaction score
I have a 1963 plymouth valiant and am trying to decide what the factory Color combo was. Under paint on the data plate is NNP. From what little info I can find it appears to be silver and red. I would appreciate any info somebody could add to this. Thanks, Eric L

Thank you for the reply. Why does it seem so hard to find any data plate info on the 1963 models? I can find all kinds of info for other years, but not much on the 1963s. Eric L

The tags for 65 and earlier didn't follow the pattern as it did the 66 and up tags. The nice thing on the early cars (67 and earlier) is that you can get the build card from Chrysler historical.

The tags for 65 and earlier didn't follow the pattern as it did the 66 and up tags. The nice thing on the early cars (67 and earlier) is that you can get the build card from Chrysler historical.

Really? How would one go about doing that? And is there any info at all out there for deciding the 1963 data plates? I have 1 hamtramick car and 1 LA car. I do recall the different factories using different data plate methods. Thanks. Eric L

Really? How would one go about doing that? And is there any info at all out there for deciding the 1963 data plates? I have 1 hamtramick car and 1 LA car. I do recall the different factories using different data plate methods. Thanks. Eric L

I use a little white book..
Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book 1962-1965
First Printing Jul, 1995

Galen V. Govier _ G.T.S.

Got it years ago at a car show in California...

-
Back