Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I took my shifter apart today and found that my 1st and 2nd gear pushbuttons are very cracked on the face where the numbers are. This would explain why they do not light up properly. So I am looking for a decent set of pushbuttons for the shifter or the entire shifter if needed. I really only need 1 and 2 but if someone has the whole set I'll take those in case my other ones crack too. Almost looks like the buttons were hit with something like maybe someone was trying to force them backwards to remove them. Anyway, if anyone has these, please let me know.

Update. Found out there are two internal parts broken on my shifter as well. I am now looking for the complete shifter with the buttons if possible. I can use one from a 63 or a 64 dart.

If you can use one from a 63 Valiant, I have one still in the dash. Here's a pic of it for comparison. Let me know if it's the same and I'll yank it if you want it. Geof

100_1100.jpg

It sure looks like it would be the same to me. I'll try it and see if you don't mind pulling it. How much do you want for the whole shifter with the buttons too sent to 43302? Also, I'm missing one of the trim screws so if you don't need them from the bezel I'll take them too. Thanks for responding.

notice the one in the dash is on a slight angel,is the push button on an angel or straight up and down in your dart? the mounting may be different,,

Mine is on a slight angle leaning to the left at the top. This is not my interior but is a 63 dash setup. The instrument cluster angles toward the steering wheel on both ends. The shifter has two mounting screws on the top and one on the bottom. The top right mounting screw is behind the left top corner of the instrument bezel.

mopp_0609_22z+1963_dodge_dart+interior.jpg

Nope, I don't mind pulling it, and you will get all of the related items that are used to mount this. If you P.M. me your address, I'll send it out as soon as I know where it's going. Tell you what I'm gonna do, I'll send it to you free of charge and I'll even pay the shipping. If it works for you, its yours, if not, you won't be out any $$$. If you find it doesn't work and you can't part it for the items you need for your project, just send it back and I'll keep it for the next guy. Sound fair??? Send me your address and it'll be on it's way, Geof

cosgig,, he cant bark at that deal,,,nice guy,,

as for that interior,, if you have any more pics of it please post them,from what i can se it looke very nice ide like to see the door panels

Cosgig you are the godfather of parts...made me an offer I can't refuse! PM has been sent and I wish to thank you publicly for your help. As far as other pictures of this interior, this is the only one I have. I was researching the dash options for the 63's and ran across this one. It shows the heater knobs mounted in the dash which are normally under the radio in a 63, in the dash on a 64. I can only assume because this car has AC the buttons were mounted in the dash to make room for the AC unit. I really like the clean look of the buttons in the dash with the GT silver trim. I have the GT trim and was thinking about relocating my heater knobs to the dash as well so it would look like the the interior in the picture minus the AC unit. I have another picture of a 63 GT door panel that looks to be stock. It has color matching carpet at the bottom. These are from a convertible for sale on Craigslist.

dart17.jpg

dart16.jpg

i was meening pics of the silver interior you posted,,,looked great,,

fstfish66, that IS the same interior, I think the first pic was just out of focus, or maybe it was just me!!! Just kidding!!! Richard, I'm glad you could use the shifter, and no thanks necessary. Just trying to help out a fellow FABO'er!!! Good luck with the Dart, I hope you're slamming buttons again real soon...wait, maybe thats how the others got broken!!! I mean gently pressing your way through the gears!!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back