1963 PB 904 - service procedures???

-

AussiePlymouths

Reaction score
Firstly - I know, LIKE NOTHING, about torqueflites.
I think mine is OK, but I only have driven it once and since i am going thru the car doing anything that looks sus, I thought I should change the tranny oil and filter. I've read the shop manual and when changing oil and filter it recommends adjusting the REVERSE BAND and KICKDOWN BAND.
MY QUESTION: How do you do those adjustments without Chrysler Special Tools? Is there a fairly simple method? Or will I just change fluid and filter and put pan back on?
Any offered help or advice appreciated.
Gary:?

The service manual gives the torque values with and without the special adaptors. See here for info you might want on the fluid and filter change.

If you see this Dan, I checked my car today and I'll try to load a couple of pics, but bottom line is there is no inline filter but it has had a cut and shut on the cooler lines (now rubber hoses) and the bottom of the tranny pan has the dinner plate in it (beauty).
Just wondering if there is a way to tell whether I have a later trans here, or if someone did the pan change? Would you know how to tell the tranny year pls?

Look on the left side pan rail, just above the pan itself on the aluminium trans housing, for the stamped ID numbers and post them here. Sounds like someone couldn't find a replacement trans filter and installed rubber hose instead. Has your pan got a drain plug in it?

-
Back