1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
I read your thread for the first time today and i gotta say its looking awesome man! Also thanx heaps for that wiring tip, i'm waiting for an EZ loom right now, so i would have had that problem in the next few weeks. Thanx again man! keep up the good work.

no problem. if you have any questions i may be able to help. i couldnt find that info anywhere on the web, i spent a few days just trying to figure it out.

jesus tits. I am so going about my process the wrong way. I've got a 63 Dart Wagon that I'm plugging away at and you've pretty much given me the bar to measure up to. Thanks chief!

jesus tits. I am so going about my process the wrong way. I've got a 63 Dart Wagon that I'm plugging away at and you've pretty much given me the bar to measure up to. Thanks chief!

Yes,the Lad is doing a stand up job!

thanks guys, well i pressure tested the cooling system today. and it didnt leak. thats a good thing. i really want to break in the cam this weekend but my dad sounds like hes going to be busy. having never done this before, i dont want to do it by myself, so if anyone wants to help out, they are more than welcome to come by. hehe. im going to hit up some friends at our friday night carshow also. maybe someone will want to help out. if not, maybe i will try it myself. im just a little frustrated because my dad always says if i need help to let him know. but when i ask hes busy with other plans. i just want to get this part over with. knowing it starts and runs and that the electrical system is working would be a huge accomplishment. well thats my rant for today.

looks great,,,what did the zoop head lites cost,,,and please post a pic when you get that far

well i went to work on my car after work today. i made the last few connections and hooked up the battery, turned the key, and she cranked. what a reliefe. i have been stressing over this. i even had a dream that i hooked the battery up and heard wires sizzling. i also made sure i had spark. everything seems to be working, hopefully i can fire it up this weekend.

AHHHH,the smell of victory is within your grasp!!!

I got my fingers crossed for ya!

thanks! wish me luck. its going to happen tomorrow. i just need to rig up some mufflers so i dont do deaf and turn the key.

Good luck Aaron!!! :thumrigh: sounds like half your worries are done with now that you know the electrical is all good.

Mufflers? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING MUFFLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT YOU SAY SONNY???? MY CAR IS TOO LOUD??? BWWWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Seriously we need a vid dude!!

well she runs. she started up after a couple tries and we ran it for about 15 minutes. no oil leaks or water leaks, except for the drain plug, which i must not have ever tightened for some reason. but that was a quick fix that we noticed before we started it. i was pretty happy about that. i rigged up some magnaflow mufflers which sound pretty cool on there. im glad i tried something different. the only thing that didnt work was my brand new tach. wtf? after we ran the motor i threw an old tach in there and it worked fine, so i guess i need to call moon and get them to send me a new one. well i am going to try to attempt a video upload. here goes.

thanks ben. hey do you still have that slant six dip stick and tube? i had to shove a plug in my block because i still havent found anything at the junk yard.

thanks ben. hey do you still have that slant six dip stick and tube? i had to shove a plug in my block because i still havent found anything at the junk yard.

im surprised you cant get one new???

She's alive bud! Sounds good and I bet you cant wait to finish it up and take it for a spin!

Well done.

well i spent today finishing up my headlights. they work fine, but my tail lights dont seem to be working. just my brake lights. also none of my dash lights are working. i have a new healight switch so i dont think that could be it. my gas gauge worked once, but only once. and the high beam indicator works if you push on the bulb socket. considering im not even using the ammeter or factory temp gauge, i have been thinking of just making a custom gauge cluster with new working gauges and lights. what do you guys think. i liked the idea of keeping the stock cluster, but its not worth it to me to have it restored for a speedometer and fuel gauge. tomorrow i am going to check everything with my multimeter and make sure the headlight switch is working correctly.

Go for it!
Pick your material and finish and do it!! Im sure it will look great as your work thus far has been outstanding.

Good luck chasing your wiring gremlin.

i think my gremlin is in the headlight switch. the one in the directions only has 5 places to land wires while our mopar headlight switches have 7 terminals. i may have hooked something up wrong. im double checking the wiring schematic right now. but this still doesnt explain no dash lights. oh well, i will figure it out.

here is a shot of my headlights working.

P6142295.jpg

Ya gotta be happy about that! Look nice and bright.

I think I'll take a few shots of the cop cars dash tonight. It looks pretty cool with the new gauges installed.

Been a bit busy with it lately,doing an hour here and there.Rims are blasted and painted now.Still an ugly car though,lol!! One more soldering connection and it can go..

I finally dug up the fire wire for the video cam too,so maybe I'll make a vid of it running.Hate to threaten the niece with destruction of her room but it had to be done,hehe.Funny thing is the wire showed up in her hands about 15 seconds after the threat.

Dont worry I wont post it on your thread! I've said enough already about it so I'll start my own thread tomorrow and stop jumping all over yours bud!

-
Back