1964 aussie ap5 valiant sedan

-
Nice start. Can't wait to see more.

Would you mind sharing where you got the blind kit? I know you guys have some nicer accessories over there and I've been looking for a set here having never seen one.

this is an ap5 currently for sale in tasmania that gives me inspiration ithas a 340/416 stroker indy top end roller cam and nitrous has run a 10.6 @ 123 mph very tough car

Attachments

• classifieds_32722-4a.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 329
  • classifieds_32722-5a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 302
  • classifieds_32722-1a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 282
What are you going to do about the engine hitting the steering box?
If you look at an AP6, they (Chrysler Aust.) lowered the steering box.

been a while got engine and gearbox dumied up today in the engine bay, things went better than expected considering the steering box height on the ap5 , needed to modify the drivers side mount considerably , passenger side was easy used the vj valiant v8 steel mount and a slant 6 rubber base , need to lower the gearbox rubber mount inside the gearbox mount about 5 mm as fitting for trans line touches the floor View attachment rhev 219.jpg

View attachment rhev 215.jpg

View attachment rhev 334 (Medium).jpg
engine is a 318 , honed bore was in good shape ,zero deck height , new rings bearings , melling oil pump , lunati voo doo cam 494/513 lift 268/276 duration rev range 1800 - 6200 rpm , new timing chain , heads have been ported to 360 gasket size and are ready to go to machine shop , will be shaved 40 thou , dual valve springs etc , prob going to run with the crosswind / air gap copy and a 650 dp holley , electonic ignition , shorty's and single 3 '' gearbox is a 904 with 2200 stall , will fit a shift kit at a later date when funds are better has open wheeler 323 gears , just a cruiser . . .

-
Back