1964 Barracuda door locks w/key

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call Paddock 800-428-4319, Catalog P8R1, page 183. They list a new set "Ignition & Door Locksets" w/ keys for $34.95. Check with them if it will fit your car. This listing is for 66-68 but it's worth a try. I'm kicking myself because before I found this I payed $50.00 to a locksmith to re-key my door locks. It would have been cheaper to buy new and I would have gotten a new ignition tumbler.

66-68 Door locks wont fit a 64. They also look a little different. I have compared 66-68 locks to the 65 and earlier locks. I have a 66 and a 65 car. The hole in the door for the locks is smaller on your 64. Its my guess that you could open up the hole a little bit to get the lock to fit and that it would work the door but I haven't tried it or fully investigated it to see if it would work. You can get early locks sets but they are about twice the price of the 66-68 lock sets.

Call Paddock 800-428-4319, Catalog P8R1, page 183. They list a new set "Ignition & Door Locksets" w/ keys for $34.95. Check with them if it will fit your car. This listing is for 66-68 but it's worth a try. I'm kicking myself because before I found this I payed $50.00 to a locksmith to re-key my door locks. It would have been cheaper to buy new and I would have gotten a new ignition tumbler.

I'M TOLD THAT '66-UP WON'T WORK. I found a set on ebay from thomas-j-sestak-autoparts. they are used and I don't know if he has anymore now or not. they were a bit pricey.

The 1965 Down are different.I believe the Lockset you need is a 62 to 65 set...I have a Link to a guy that has NOS keysets.I will look for it..He sells on ebay and has WONDERFUL Sets..

SS

Ok thanks for the info.

The thomas-j-sestak-autoparts is OUTRAGOUS on his prices.

SSDA: Let me know thanks!

TRD08, is your stripe painted or is it a decal? Interested in a decal if it fits over the hood spine without "bunching". My passenger lock is toast too.

Do you have a part number of the one you need? I know I had some NOS locksets in the boxes of parts I got with my 65 Valiant. I got the car from the original owner who was a parts guy at the dealer. He gave me boxes of NOS parts for various cars that I have just sitting on the shelf.

HI do you need anything else for the CUDA, I have a few things here i would like gone.Dave Muellner. 402-960-2620/ Thnaks

TRD08 that is the NOS ones I was thinking of..I just found it again..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...yZ140706QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My Partner said he thinks he has some BUT will need Keys more then likely...Are you interested in them?
Also I Bought the ones for my 68 at Advanced Auto Parts...I Have NEW keys that I had cut to make them LQQK correct...I Still had $200 in the Ignition,2 Doors and Trunk..

Let Me Know..

SS:happy10:

Yeah, $230 bucks for some keys is quite steep.

And it looks like I'm better off just going to a locksmith.

Thanks anway.

Yeah, $230 bucks for some keys is quite steep.

And it looks like I'm better off just going to a locksmith.

Thanks anway.

Yep...

I Usually just go to my LockSmith and have him make me some keys..I Get a Master and then Cut the Originals MYSELF as I have a Key Cutter..

Later..

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back