Status
Not open for further replies.

TRD08

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Need for both doors.

If I lock my driver door and close it, the lock pops open right away.

So need new locks.

Unless someone knows how to fix the problem?

Thanks!

thats the way door locks work until after 1970 at least. you need to lock them with the key.

I thought you had to hold the button in while you closed the door. My memory of old cars includes this little tid-bit of info! LOL

George

That's the way they are. Drivers side locked from inside or key, pass can be closed with the lock down. It keeps you the driver from locking your keys inside. One of the little things they used to do. I had a Ferd Van that was the same way.

Ok thanks.

However I don't actually have the key to lock my door. Only ignition and trunk keys.

So that's why I need new door locks with key set.

The switch key should fit both door locks unless something got changed along the way.

A good lock smith can make you a key, pull the lock out out and take it to them. I've done before I cost about $30.
I am lucky there is a great locksmith just down the street. I had a toyota truck, the key got so warn it stopped working in the door and barely worked the ignition. I ending up walking to locksmith, the key had failed. He looked at my key and hand filed a new key WOW! it worked perfectly. It was really nice to find a skilled craftsman and no price gouging. I think he charged me $4 for the key

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back