1964 Cali cuda

-

Brad Snedeker Jr.

Reaction score
I am restoring a Cali 1964 barracuda all numbers matching 4 speed car. It’s been a dream to have a Mopar HEMI car. Anybody out there have a 318 poly. A builder?

The poly would make it a resto mod. Polys are Polys not hemis, but, semi-hemis.
AFAIK; the blocks,cranks,and rods,are all the same as regular LAs. The specialty parts are the heads,cam,and pistons, plus the bolt-ons.
But honestly, I can't see a Poly in a 64 narrow engine bay. How are you thinking of handling the exhaust,and the compression issues?
Magnums fit pretty easy
Good luck in your search

Last edited:
The poly would make it a resto mod. Polys are Polys not hemis, but, semi-hemis.
AFAIK; the blocks,cranks,and rods,are all the same as regular LAs. The specialty parts are the heads,cam,and pistons, plus the bolt-ons.
But honestly, I can't see a Poly in a 64 narrow engine bay. How are you thinking of handling the exhaust,and the compression issues?
Magnums fit pretty easy
Good luck in your search

I am restoring a Cali 1964 barracuda all numbers matching 4 speed car. It’s been a dream to have a Mopar HEMI car. Anybody out there have a 318 poly. A builder?
IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0902.JPG

Custom headers. Poly being a baby Hemi is close enough. Still looking for that 318
a poly is not a true hemi, only the exhaust valve are 'canted' over. hence the 'semi' hemi nickname. so not even a baby hemi unfortunately. i can't confirm but i'm told that a certain year/size of poly will accept early hemi pistons, heads etc to make a true hemi.
hope that helps, neil.

-
Back