1964 Dart 270 Wagon with 170, 3 on the tree and factory dealer installed AC

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
High probability my next project... Has anyone seen replacement seals for the quarter glass? I have found them for the "B" body version of the Dart's but not A....

329030249_3456322144592745_4555923000551873008_n.jpg

Outside of making your own, 2 possibilities come to mind:
I believe Quirey offered them a while back- it's worth a call.
Quirey Quality Design Co.
I had a source in Australia (AP5/AP6), I'm trying to find the link. I'll post it if I find it. Maybe some of our members down under can shed some light on current availability.

I had a source in Australia (AP5/AP6), I'm trying to find the link. I'll post it if I find it. Maybe some of our members down under can shed some light on current availability.

I just made the rear glass seal on the '66 Valiant... that would be the last choice!

I found a message here that says Layson's has them... I will call Rick.

What is "factory dealer" installed AC? It had to be dealer, because the 170 never came with AC.

What is "factory dealer" installed AC? It had to be dealer, because the 170 never came with AC.

before they had the factory AC interior box. Has the Chrysler knee knocker under the dash. Under the hood is factory that was in the later 65s and 66. Alan has several factory AC examples of 170's with AC. Being Arizona it was way more common an option here.

0D17A800-520D-4B3E-A1D3-7162A176FE3B.jpeg

Ok, then it's factory parts but dealer installed. Gotchya. Ya dog. How'd you find that? Kitty wants one bad. lol

A buddy finally decided it was time to downsize his collection... he is hitting 65 this year and has targeted a manageable number he wants to keep and restore.

A buddy finally decided it was time to downsize his collection... he is hitting 65 this year and has targeted a manageable number he wants to keep and restore.
....and you're how old? lol

My '65 wagon is an original 170/3-speed AC car, but most of the AC parts were missing when I bought it. I've always thought it was a strange option for a nearly optionless base wagon, but I got the docs from Chrysler Historical, which agreed with the trim tag.

My '65 wagon is an original 170/3-speed AC car, but most of the AC parts were missing when I bought it. I've always thought it was a strange option for a nearly optionless base wagon, but I got the docs from Chrysler Historical, which agreed with the trim tag.
If it's on the fender tag, then it was factory. First time I've ever heard of such. That's pretty interesting.

Jim do you have a picture of the seals for the quarter glass? I did put some Quarter glass seals on my 65 barracuda which I purchased from Rock Auto cheap just by putting in a part number on their search engine. Just wonder if they would be the same.

Jim do you have a picture of the seals for the quarter glass? I did put some Quarter glass seals on my 65 barracuda which I purchased from Rock Auto cheap just by putting in a part number on their search engine. Just wonder if they would be the same.

I mean the fixed side glass seals.

-
Back