1964 Dart /6 speedometer problem

-

whefner

Reaction score
Any one know if you have to drop the pan to change out bad gear. My speedometer locked up and my cable is good but wont come out of trans. it looks like it goes in. It has thread sticking out of a washer and is one piece not able to pull out but can adjust in or out.

No need to pull pan speedo gear is bolt with a nut and can be pulled out easy.

Mine will not pullout like others. Its one piece and a washer that threads down against the trans. to adjust in or out. already tried to pull like others

Mine will not pullout like others. Its one piece and a washer that threads down against the trans. to adjust in or out. already tried to pull like others
Are you confusing the push button shifting cable with the speedo cable? Speedo cable attaches too the rear tail shaft area, the push button shifter cable is found towards the torque converter

This is the gear selector cable for the push button a904

IMG_1103.JPG

Sorry guys, Laying on ground and looked at wrong item

in a dark garage lying on the floor. should have known. Feel like a fool

We all have done it at some time. You have to adjust that now, its the park cable.

my speedo locked up and cable looks good and spins free in the cable by hand so i think it maybe the gear may have stripped inside. took out speedo and oiled it and got it turning freely

-
Back