1964 dart gt restoration

-

bryan340

Reaction score
My dad and I started a 64 Dart gt restoration, after restoring my Duster we have become familiar with later a bodies but are new to the earlier ones. The biggest difference seems to be availability of after market parts. Couple of questions are, where to get windshield (mine is smoked) seat covers( other than year one) tail lights. Any help will be appreciated !!! Pic of what we are starting with.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 251
Another question, how to get dash pad off and best place to get a new one? And yes a manual will be my next purchase any suggestions on a certain brand ?

In a word, it sucks!!!!!!!

There is a row of nuts on it in the back, up under the dash. Remove the glove box liner and stand on your head. Then you can see the ones on that side. You will probably have to remove the gage cluster to get to the other side.

I need to change mine out to. As it has two cracks in it. But I have not gotten that ambitious yet! LOL

My dad and I started a 64 Dart gt restoration, after restoring my Duster we have become familiar with later a bodies but are new to the earlier ones. The biggest difference seems to be availability of after market parts. Couple of questions are, where to get windshield (mine is smoked) seat covers( other than year one) tail lights. Any help will be appreciated !!! Pic of what we are starting with.

Hi, for your seat covers, look at legendary, they had what I needed when I redid my 64 a few years back. wish i would have never sold that car. I found some good used tail lights on ebay as well. good luck with your resto!

Your local auto glass shop should be able to get a windshield for you.
Legendary on the seat material
Layson's (Rick@layson's on this site) for reproduction taillight lenses.

New windshields are still available; NAGS number DW-625. You will very likely need a new windshield gasket; availability on that has been spotty lately, so call around and ask.

SMS Auto Fabrics for correct seat upholstery material; if you want ready-made, your choices are more limited (Legendary or perhaps Gary Goers).

Be very careful where you buy taillight lenses; some vendors are more reputable than others.

List of good parts suppliers is here.

-
Back