1964 Dart seats

-

realpank

Reaction score
Purchasing a 1964 Dart GT coupe without seats.

What mopars are compatable to bolt in seats(both bench and buckets) and spanning what years?

Any spares out there in the Metro Detroit/South-West Onatrio area?

Thanks in advance, glad to be back after selling my 70' Dart 5 years ago.

Chris

64-66 should fit. I think that cars came with holes and pads for either bucket or bench, not both. There was a post a few months ago in Early-A's asking that question, w/ photos and answers.

In my 64 & 65, I am installing more modern seats from a Mustang Cobra Conv. & Sebring Conv. That is to get shoulder belts & head restraint, plus much cheaper than just getting new vinyl covers for my bucket seats. The electric adjusts are nice too.

Not sure if its the route you wanna go but I just ordered a set of seats for my dad's 65 dart wagon from a website that sells parts for step vans. Theyre a really nice lookin seat and pretty comfortable too. And you definitely can't beat the price and they they come with the seat track. You'll just need to make your own brackets which isn't very hard at all. Here's the website http://store.stepvanparts.com/LO-BACK-VAN-SEAT-F7100S.HTM

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 197
Seats from a 64/65 (and possibly a 63) should be a direct bolt-in. 66 seats can be used; however, the spacing front to back on the floor mounting studs is different than the 64/65. On my 65 GT convertible with buckets, it had the mounting holes for the buckets as well as mounting holes for a bench seat. Those holes have plugs in them.

Not sure if its the route you wanna go but I just ordered a set of seats for my dad's 65 dart wagon from a website that sells parts for step vans. Theyre a really nice lookin seat and pretty comfortable too. And you definitely can't beat the price and they they come with the seat track. You'll just need to make your own brackets which isn't very hard at all. Here's the website http://store.stepvanparts.com/LO-BACK-VAN-SEAT-F7100S.HTM

Thank you for posting this resource!

I picked up a couple of Dodge Stealth seats for the dart(have yet to install them and the shoulder belts) but a pair of these step van buckets will be PERFECT for my panel truck.

-
Back