1964 dart windshield

-
Moeandjo

Thanks Milo
I screwed up and used water spot remover I got at the glass shop and it fogged up so bad you hardly see out.
Again thanks
Moe

Moe
If your glass is good and just foggy on one side it can be buffed out at a glass shop. I took all the glass out of my 64 Dart that was fogged by the California coast and had it buffed $100.00 dollars later the glass looked great and the green tint looked great. I tried to do it myself but after trying many differant products I gave up and happy that I did.

Attachments

I checked with SafeLite and another big supplier when I needed one for my '64 Valiant convertible. They told me they couldn't get one, but when I called a small independent auto glass store, they said it would be no problem and had it to me the next day.

I have a 63 2 door sedan. My local Binswanger Glass can get one and install it for 213 bucks. That with me providing the gasket of course.

No sticker shock. I don't recall the exact price, but it was a little over $200.

Metropartsmarket quote 390.00 plus 110.00 shipping plus 165.00 local labor to install plus new rubber and locking strip'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, local glass shop will not buff or polish the
Windshield. Spent half a day polishing so far happy with progress a lot of work
moe

Should still be obtainable by a glass shop willing to get off the chair and do some work. NAGS number is DW-625.

Metropartsmarket quote 390.00 plus 110.00 shipping plus 165.00 local labor to install plus new rubber and locking strip'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, local glass shop will not buff or polish the
Windshield. Spent half a day polishing so far happy with progress a lot of work
moe

It appears they don't want to work on an old car. My supplier didn't charge anything for freight. It was part of their regular delivery.

I cleaned the seal myself. It's time consuming, but it's not brain surgery. Since my car was in the paint shop, they installed the windshield as part of the deal, but $165 labor is ridiculous, especially when using new rubber. I had a windshield replaced on my truck a few years ago, and they installed it at my house. The total bill for glass and labor was less than $200.

The big glass companies don't want to fool with old cars. Small self owned auto glass companies (like the one I work for) does. We like later model insurance jobs (the big companies likes them too) but we still work on the older stuff as well.

-
Back