1964 plymouth valiant 4 door to 2 door conversion

-

hank

Reaction score
Hello mo'fans I just picked up a fairly straight 1964 Plymouth valiant 4 door body' my question is have/has any of you ever done a 1963-66 4 door valiant to 2 door conversion? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello mo'fans I just picked up a fairly straight 1964 Plymouth valiant 4 door body' my question is have/has any of you ever done a 1963-66 4 door valiant to 2 door conversion? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PM Waggin. he did a valiant 4dr wagon into a 2 door wagon. I've seen it in person and it's a sweet little car

It can be done but plan on spending at least double what it is worth. Cheaper to just start with a 2 door.

Thanks for your input mo'gurus' that's what I figured I picked up the car with a clean body and running slant 6 for 250 bucks I also got a clean 1963 dodge dart 270 4 door that runs.my plans are to find a 1964 2 door valiant shell either hardtop or vert and build a nice driver out of it, I want to do a turbocharged blow thru inline 6 and give the car a pro touring treatment mini tubs and all. with that being said I do and will have 63 dodge dart as well as 64 valiant parts for sale. feel free to let me know what you need.not trying to get rich just passing parts along to some mo' people that needs some help. Thanks Hank'

I so would make it a three door.

Attachments

• 3 door valiant 1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 633
  • 3 door valiant 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 721
  • 3 door valiant 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 622
From 1956 to 2006 my town had a chrysler assembly plant.

I have heard several stories of different year makes and models being made into three doors.

This was done to mess with the sheet metal foreman. Usually the cars were caught before fully assembled. A few did make all the way through.

Supposedly the K cars were the easiest to assemble. I think this was due to them being computer aided engineered.

I found the picture on the web somewhere, not my car but would not kick it out from my herd.

Hank,
I did it about ten years ago. It is not that hard nor expensive to do if you have a good 4 door car and a two door parts car. I bought a two door parts car for $75 and took of the doors and carefully cut out the fronts of the quarter panels and took off the roof for extra sheetmetal. The car is still on the road somewhere as I had to sell it when I got divorced. I put frame connectors on for stability, too. Do it and good luck with it.

Where do yall find these deals on darts and valiant?!?! O.O lol
I wish I could pick up a car for that price

What was 100 dollars 10 years ago is now 1000 dollars. I blame the internet as when I got my 1st computer I bought parts cars and transported them as far as 4 states away and was able to make money. Right after the crash I was still doing it but the last few years I have seen people hold tighter to price and not drop to sell. Check Craigslist at least 3 times a day and you may be able to find a deal a couple times a year.

I'd see it mainly a Labour job, If you think you have the skill set, I'd do it.

I want to do this again, if only I can find two cars to put together. It is totally worth it to me. Does anyone have something to sell? I am in central Florida, now.

I've got all of the Hardtop specific parts for a 65 Valiant Signet. Door glass, quarter glass, drip rail channels and all the trim. I'd take $250 plus shipping for the package if anyone is interested.

-
Back