1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
OK Then. You should be able to modify the headers to work with the PS. A 170 and PS I think would require major mods to the headers.
I'm sure I can, but it's just not that big a deal. I was on the fence about power steering anyway. The car is so light, it just doesn't need it.

Thanks to the extreme generosity of @Eddie348, I was able to get the carburetor I originally wanted for my truck, Gladys and free up the Brawler 650DP for Vixen, like I had originally intended. I haven't tuned the carburetor to the slant 6 yet, but I can already tell she likes it. It revs much quicker. No surprises, there. Vixen gets a 650DP. lol
650DP.JPG

Last edited:
Just got back from drivin her and I have to say it made a huge difference. I turned outta the driveway, got her straight and yammed on the gas and she actually squealed um. Never done that without running it up a little and lettin the clutch go so she definitely has more.

I pulled the head pipes off today so that I could get to everywhere Charles could not when he welded it together. Since he built it on the car and really didn't have time to pull it back off and get to the top to weld it, I just told him I'd do it at a later date. Today is that date. lol I am also adding a collector to the head pipes, you can see I already added it and I am going to add the other collector to the out going exhaust pipe. We had a stainless sleeve band clamp there and it was not leak proof, so I am adding the collector. Some of the welds are bubble gummy, because Charles couldn't get his welder working exactly right, but he did a great job on it, I think. I also painted it with VHT while it's out. For however long that lasts. lol
HEAD PIPES1.JPG
HEAD PIPES2.JPG

-
Back