Status
Not open for further replies.

harleydodge1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1965 Barracuda $5,000
I just got this back from the painter. It is a 1966 rear with a 1965 front cap. I don't know why, thats just the way it was when I got it. I cut out all the rust out I could find and replaced with metal. Car is pretty soild underneath with a couple small places in the front pans. Nothing that would require anything but patches. I got this car to drive everyday and have been for the last two weeks. I just have too many cars and need to sell one. I may trade for something else, but it would have to be worth the money ( i know that kind of defeats the purpose of selling it). It could be a project but needs to be complete.
Ok now about the car. It has a 318, auto, vintage heat and air that works. It has Pro Sport gauges with a tach installed in the dash. I have paper work that shows that someone spent over $9,000 on this car in late 90's including a frontend rebuild. So atleast it is only 20 years worth of use with only 12,000 miles on it. It still has the small bolt pattern wheels with drum brakes all around. It runs and drives great and I would drive it anywhere as I do. New paint was just finished and looks great without it being cut and buffed yet. Interior is good. It has 65 front buckets and 66 rear seat, again I don't know why.
It is missing 4 pieces of trim that go on the top of the door sill on both sides and the long piece of drip rail on the passenger side and the passenger door trim on top of the door panel. The bumpers are pretty straight but the chrome is used up.
Again this is a very nice car that would make a great car for everyday with the Vintage heat and air. All lights, gauges, heat and air work as they should.
Give me a call for morre info or pics.
PM Me
$5,000 cash
100_0754-1.jpg

100_0753-1.jpg

100_0757.jpg

100_0749.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0759.jpg

Hey David. I am just north of Hunstville Al.. I will give you a call later today. I looked at the paperwork again and it had over $9,000 worth of work done on it in 2003 & 2004 including frontend, brakes, gauges and the A/C and heat. Great driver.

I'll trade you a good Ramcharger for it!!

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,044
Hey Bama nice truck. I really need to sell instead of trade. I will keep you in mind. Lets drop the price a little to $4,500.
Very nice driver!!
$4,500 for a running driving car with new paint, 318, vintage heat and air and all gauges and lights work and no cash offers. WOW times are hard aren't they?

nice lookin car, i think its a 66 mostly though, except the front grill. my dash is different, and the ac hoses go in the firewall in the middle instead of the passenger side on my 65.

Hey Harley!

Do you still have this car, or has it been sold. I'm assuming you have a clean title and the car is ready to be sold. I'm about 6 hours north of you in southern Indiana, and might be interested in this car. Would I have to bring a trailer down, or is it road worthy enough to make the 350 mile trip back up to where I live?

Hello frank. Yes the car is ready to be sold. In Alabama cars older than 1975 do not have titles. But I have sold other cars without one with a current tag regestered in my name and noterized bill of sale. I would not be afraid to drive this car anywhere. It runs and drives great but does heat up in traffic (220 is the highest it has gotten and did ok). It needs a smaller pulley on the pump to help it run cooler in traffic but stays cool on the road. I drive this car to work on the interstate almost daily at 70 MPH with no trouble. It has all new tires just put on. So I would think that it would be good to go. PM Me.

It looks nice and clean! I need to do some info searching with our BMV though. In Indiana, you can't get a title on out of state cars without a title. I'll go talk to them today and see what I'd have to do to get your car titled here if we were to buy it.

My girlfriend loves the 64-66 Barracudas, and wants a hot rod of her own. I'll just have to see how much of a hassle it's going to be to get it licensed here. I'll stop by there on my way home today and see what I can find out. It's possible that we may have to go through a title company like Broadway to get it taken care of, but Ive heard that can run $300-$400 to do that.

Ok let me know. It really is a nice car. It looks better than the pics. I have installed the door panels and the interior cleaned up very nice. I have also installed the trim rings and cleaned up the motor.

Here in NY we can only register a car with a title or transferable registration. Does your registration have the word "Transferable" printed on it? The car looks great for the price, and has me thinking...

It looks nice and clean! I need to do some info searching with our BMV though. In Indiana, you can't get a title on out of state cars without a title. I'll go talk to them today and see what I'd have to do to get your car titled here if we were to buy it.

My girlfriend loves the 64-66 Barracudas, and wants a hot rod of her own. I'll just have to see how much of a hassle it's going to be to get it licensed here. I'll stop by there on my way home today and see what I can find out. It's possible that we may have to go through a title company like Broadway to get it taken care of, but Ive heard that can run $300-$400 to do that.

It only cost me $200 2 years ago to get a title thru Broadway. Worked out fine.

I don't think that the tag reg. is transferable. I will look and see. Here are a few updated pics showing the trim rings on and the engine and interior cleaned up. This really is a tough market right know when this car won't sell for this price.
100_0847.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0857.jpg

Hey Harley, do you still have this or did you end up moving it? I was talking to the guy who is doing the body work on my Charger, and he said it wouldn't be a problem to purchase it as long as it had a notirized bill of sale. He's bought cars from Alabama and Georgia, and had no issues getting them licensed here in Indiana.

I'll show it to the girlfriend and see if she's interested. Let me know if you still have it.

Hey Bama nice truck. I really need to sell instead of trade. I will keep you in mind. Lets drop the price a little to $4,500.
Very nice driver!!
$4,500 for a running driving car with new paint, 318, vintage heat and air and all gauges and lights work and no cash offers. WOW times are hard aren't they?

I have a VERY nice boat, in a good economy would net me 12,000-14,000 but I've had to drop the price down to 9500 so far even was willing to take 8000. I've offered it as a trade to guys with cars who were asking 6500-7500 and none of them want it, they all want cash; so yeah... times are bloody rough.

I don't think that the tag reg. is transferable. I will look and see. Here are a few updated pics showing the trim rings on and the engine and interior cleaned up. This really is a tough market right know when this car won't sell for this price.
100_0847.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0857.jpg
what rear end is in it ,what year 318,

I do not know about the year motor or the rear end but I do know it is not an 8 3/4.

Did you send me as message wanting my location.I'm the one that offered you the two barracudas and the disassembled 273 eng. thats needs the pistons. I just got a message from you .I thought you sold the 65 1/2 .I tried to send you a IM.,but I don't think it went thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back