1965 273 Intake Manifold Gaskets

-
Reaction score
New to the forum, and amazed with all the great information. Looking to assemble a 1965 273 with an Edelbrock D4B intake manifold and Carter AFB. Fel-Pro MS9935 gaskets are out of stock everywhere. Any suitable replacements that are similar?

Welcome to the site. Look around for Mahle MS15125 or Victor 111053101 as well.

I have a Fel Pro set laying around someplace, if you can't find one. It will take me a bit to find it.

Welcome to the site. Look around for Mahle MS15125 or Victor 111053101 as well.
Rockauto shows those PN's, but both "Out of Stock". You can click their "Notify Me When Available Button", but can be a long or even infinite wait.
I wonder if a later year could work, even for the Magnum engines. Might need to enlarge around the bolt holes w/ gasket punch, and some later heads had taller intake ports, but might still seal.

Those show a 2 barrel port.
These are coming up as good for an LA small block, and half as thick. Curious what others have used in their builds.

Print-O-Seal.. Very good gaskets. I needed thin and had some steel shim gaskets. (heads milled and intake surfaced after the fact)

the 1213's are close, but not a dead nuts match.

reasonable closeness for my application: 68 318 2bbl heads and an LD4B

great quality gaskets though.

Thanks for the info. I would love to find that dead nuts match, but they don't seem to be available. I'll just chill till I actually need them and see if I can get lucky. My engine isn't even out of the car yet. Just parts shopping.

Thanks for the info. I would love to find that dead nuts match, but they don't seem to be available. I'll just chill till I actually need them and see if I can get lucky. My engine isn't even out of the car yet. Just parts shopping.
summit is really good about listing the port measurements of the gaskets in the specs, so give it a whirl.

i can tell you that you'll need *early* 318 exhaust gaskets, the later stuff is way big and just close enough to let you think that they might just work. they're readily available and inexpensive though (felpro) and mr gasket has some trick copper ones that are a little bit of money.

-
Back