1965 Barracuda model kit

-

cudaguy36

Reaction score
I picked up this little 1/25 scale 65' Barracuda kit from ebay the other day.
Just getting started on it. It's not very detailed doesn't even have and engine or real rubber tires but I'll do my best with it.
16879175983625159851738466997903.jpg

you could make a Zingers car out of it...I've got a 1/6 street Hemi engine here you could put in it. Find some 1/20 scale slicks and skinnies, make a straight axle...maybe I'll look for a kit myself.
What are your plans for it?

you could make a Zingers car out of it...I've got a 1/6 street Hemi engine here you could put in it. Find some 1/20 scale slicks and skinnies, make a straight axle...maybe I'll look for a kit myself.
What are your plans for it?
I'll probably just try to finish it up how I would like to have a 64/65 Barracuda look as my daily driver. Dark silver with tan interior and a flat black hood. Something along those lines. It did come with some pretty bad quality plastic wheels, ill try to salvage them and use them before I look for a replacement set. A gasser would be totally cool . I'll keep the pics comming along as I make some progress.

I picked up this little 1/25 scale 65' Barracuda kit from ebay the other day.
Just getting started on it. It's not very detailed doesn't even have and engine or real rubber tires but I'll do my best with it.

That is cool, I have several kits of that model. Way back when, I robbed wheels/parts from another model and cobbled this thing together from that kit. Sitting on mirror and coins in front, like that helps something. :)

IMG_0293.jpg

That is cool, I have several kits of that model. Way back when, I robbed wheels/parts from another model and cobbled this thing together from that kit. Sitting on mirror and coins in front, like that helps something. :)

View attachment 1716108105
Thanks! Other than the color, that is the way I envisioned building the kit. Now that you've done it, I don't have to.

View attachment 1716108105
BTW, great job on the chrome emblems.I don't know if I'll be able to get them as good as yours.

Making some progress, I struggled on the white lettering. I guess my eyes aren't as good as they used to be lol.

20230701_185549.jpg

After I'm done with this 65' I'll start on this Hemi Under Glass model. I'm hesitant to open it though. But it's so fun and relaxing to build.

16882658465008513291843709876020.jpg

Got the base coat of dark silver on. I'll paint the trim soon then hopefully clear coat it in a week or so. Next pics will be the finished car . Question...should I do the hood flat black or leave it body color? I personally like both equally.

20230703_085846.jpg

Got the base coat of dark silver on. I'll paint the trim soon then hopefully clear coat it in a week or so. Next pics will be the finished car . Question...should I do the hood flat black or leave it body color? I personally like both equally.

View attachment 1716109871

Great job! I actually think I brushed mine blue (using paint from my car paint job). Either way you go on hood will look great. Are you planning to use the flame decals?

Nah, im going to go solid one color. I should be painting the chrome details later tonight. That's the part I dread lol.

If you were interested in a little history, this kit was originally

Aurora Barracuda 1.jpg
an Aurora Plastics kit.
It could have been built as a slot car or curb side.
they also had a Hemi Under Glass version.
When they went belly up, Monogram got the molds and added an interior.
HUG 1965 Aurora No Pit Crew.JPG

Thats so cool, I've got the Hemi Under Glass version. I can't wait to build it eventually.

Finished oainting in the stainless trim details today. Man my hands were shaky . Now I've got to paint the wiper blades black and use some panel gap blackened before I clear coat it and polish it.
Should have a finished picture in about 2 weeks because of work.

20230704_171239.jpg

20230704_171106.jpg

I built this AMT 65 Barracuda as a teenager - back when it was a new kit. Actually, I built two: one red and one metallic lavender. Somehow, the red and white interior from the red one ended up in this one. Not sure what happened to the red one, but I still have this one. Motor's a cross ram Hemi.

1689401207975.png

I built this AMT 65 Barracuda as a teenager - back when it was a new kit. Actually, I built two: one red and one metallic lavender. Somehow, the red and white interior from the red one ended up in this one. Not sure what happened to the red one, but I still have this one. Motor's a cross ram Hemi.

View attachment 1716114659
That looks great. Also the emblems

View attachment 1716114659
The emblem on you real Barracuda is in amazing condition! I bet your Barracuda turns alot of heads.

-
Back