1965 Dart Chrome Bumper Surround Trim

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what model 1965 Dart this chrome surround trim came on? From the photos of the whole car it looks like a two-door post, maybe a 270? I’ve never seen this before, but have to admit I don’t know much about the sub-GT models. My donor car was a 270, but didn’t have this trim. I thought perhaps Canadian, but though those were badged as Valiants. Just curious. Still trying to decide if I like it, or if it would look good on a GT, if you could find it.Thanks.

20240806_130759-69727-scaled 2.jpeg

I think I found an internet article about the very same car's rear end that is shown in your pics. Looks like they turned it into "wall art" as the original vehicle was not in good enough shape to bring back.....

1965 Dodge Dart - $4,900 - Cleveland Power & Performance

1723137180187.png

When you check out the rest of the pics, you can see '68 style sidemarker lights were added, so I surmise the trim you're asking about was added "after the fact" as I have never seen this trim on a factory original car....

Thanks! I’m not real familiar with the ‘63-64 models. I just thought it looked interesting and it didn’t seem to be adapted from anything else.

Almost the same quarter panel, so, it would be easy to install them.

-
Back