1965 Dart GT Paint

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Could you guys help me out, im not sure what color i want to have my 65 GT painted, i was thinking Plum Crazy, Sub Lime, or Hemi Orange.:dontknow:

"My lug nuts require more torque than your honda makes."

Thats a great signature, it made me laugh.

Its my opinion but I don't like the Hi impact colors on early cars. There are some great colors from the 65 to 69, I'd choose one of those.

"My lug nuts require more torque than your honda makes."

Its my opinion but I don't like the Hi impact colors on early cars. There are some great colors from the 65 to 69, I choose one of those.

I would agree , I always liked the more year correct colors on early cars but if your set on a high impact color I'd go for the hemi orange, check out Johnny Darts 65 with the tail stripe!!!!

There is a silver color they use on the Vipers I am going to use on my 66GT.
Should show off the body lines and compliment the chrome very nicely.=P~

My 65 was painted a mid-year color code 881 Daffodil Yellow. The black top, black interior and polished trim/chrome really makes it stand out. No pics as it's still under resto - in bare metal waiting for quarter panel repair.

I agree with all these guys too. Dont like the high impact colors on older a's and I am a huge fan of a dark silver.

White with a red interior. Very forgiving color and they would be period correct. Stay away from the mod colors, only looks good on those period cars.

I agree that the Hi-Impact colors look better on the later A's. You can't go wrong with the traditional white,black or red. I painted my 64 tan, I like subtle..
The car has great body lines for an awesome two-tone, mild- silver/gray
wild- black pearl/met and the new hemi orange. Both newer mopar colors or Inferno Red Pearl.

My 2cts.

my 65 is painted the factory bright red, and looks great. It's like 2 completely different colors when it is inside or in the sun.

My 65 is also up for a paint job. It is the light blue cc-1. It goes well with the interior.

Two questions:
- what are using for a base? I know that can change the way it looks in and out of the sun

- where is the best place to order a base and cc-1 combo so that it looks great.

I am planning on doing some experimenting.

My 64 was originally persian white with medium blue stripe and blue interior. Going back to bright white and blue.

This thread is soo old! Haha my friend Harold now owns the car and he is painting it bright white (originally the car was 881 light yellow). My station wagon though will be b5 blue from the 1970 color chart.

-
Back