-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveEmory

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Greetings, all. Very much looking for these interior parts to match a blue 1965 Dart:
• dash pad
• driver's side armrest
• defroster vents

And for the exterior:
• candy cane trim, driver's side most urgent
• chrome-plastic "rings" for both tail light bezels

And if you happen to be within 500 miles of the San Francisco East Bay (for pickup), I also need front bench seats of fabric-type.

Thanks again for the folks here ala Curtis who had engine/cooling parts for me. You saved my car; now it's on to the "cosmetic" things...........

Incidentally, are there any Bay Area Dart folks on here who know where to get interior roof fabric repaired? Mine is sagging down and in sad shape.

Well at least our river flows into your Bay. I have a 65 Dart in Sacramento.

If you decide you would rather have bucket seats, I might part with mine, but only after I get the Sebring seats I bought installed to insure they work and I like them. Might be a few months, maybe more if my wife sets my schedule. You would face the same problem I did - new vinyl covers are ~$500 and more if you replace the foam.

I doubt you can fix your "head-liner", not if it is original. The fabric is usually falling apart. However, unlike modern cars, it can be replaced as per original factory. Cost is ~$100. I got a new one off ebay from someone who changed their mind on color.

I have an extra grill in good condition. Forgot if that is the "candy cane" people refer to. I'll have to wait until I finish painting and get everything back on before I decide which parts I'll use and which sell off. So maybe if you can wait ~4 months. Not sure what you mean by tail light rings. Mine tail-lights are D-shaped and I have them assembled. Can't remember if I have extras. I'll figure out when I start pulling it down from the garage rafters.

For the dash on all my cars, I just put a carpet dash cover, ~$25 on rockauto. Looks fine to me.

If I sell you anything, I could get it close to you since a son lives in SF. Again, only if you aren't in a big hurry. I was at first, but now 3 years later and another Mopar added to the stable I have become relaxed in my efforts.

Thanks for the reply, Bill. And yes, Sacramento is plenty local enough for me...

The stitching in the head liner is what has disintegrated over time, not the fabric itself, interestingly; but surely it is too weak to hold any new stitches. Can anyone recommend a good/reliable manufacturer/dealer for them? There seem to be a lot.

Yes, my misfiring brain intended to say "D-shaped" rings for the tail lights. It is indeed a pair of rings which appears to be missing... and I suspect the place which painted the car took them off and lost them. I only just discovered this. Maybe they've been gone for decades and I had never noticed before, in fact.

And the grill is different; the "candy canes" are those, well, candy cane-shaped pieces of metal flashing which curl around the headlights and along the base of the grill. I'd pass on the bucket seats, but if it turns out you can spare the candy canes, let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back