1965 DART NO HOOD/ FENDERS/BUMPER/THE LOOK

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I've been looking for FG fenders for my Dart . No luck but I could get them made for $1500.00, sending my steel as molds and the rest. Saw a '65 Dart being rolled out of a garage with no front end and I thought that it would look great, strictly as a track car. Any input on this look? I think it would look like an old style gasser. Car presently runs 10.60/123.

At top end that may cause lift being it would allow so much air under the front and inner fenders. It seems like a 2x4 with wings to me from the front.

No out/inner fenders, hood or bumper. What's to lift?

I personally love that sort of thing, but there's nothing "gasser" about it. Gas class rules always called for fenders and hood.
Do it, but leave the windows out a well. It'll be more cohesive that way.

There's that gasser from the early 60's and the gassers that followed.

gasser madness

IMG_1391.JPG

66 GT California car. unusual dents but minimal rust repair. Under side with chassis saver black! Could be a gasser. Not real sure which direction until I get there and look backwards! LOL

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

I've been looking for FG fenders for my Dart . No luck but I could get them made for $1500.00, sending my steel as molds and the rest. Saw a '65 Dart being rolled out of a garage with no front end and I thought that it would look great, strictly as a track car. Any input on this look? I think it would look like an old style gasser. Car presently runs 10.60/123.

I think they look good without front bumper, but you need fenders and front pan.

-
Back