1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
On that note, the DMT clips are slightly different than the OEM's.

If you need any clips, I saved (most of) mine and you can have them. They have minor surface rust and can be reconditioned with minimal effort. These are original 1965 (Dart) but there are no identifying marks on them that I can tell.

Let me know what you want for them. I can glass bead them and have new finish in black phosphate on them. But I need to find a mint heater box first.

Had time to dig into the numbers today before all the food and stuff.

I found out that the car was equipped with 3,23 gear ratio. Found out how that looks on the ring too. And the production date was week 17 of 1964.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

I worked on my light switch tonight andI gave up on it for now. The bakelite body cracked so I vent through my inventory and found a week 39 1964 date coded switch. I will stick with that untilk I find anything else. But some where between week 39 and week 50 they must have changed the model of switch.

I added the NOS chromed ring and now I just need the know with the pin.

The last pivot is done too so now I'm just waiting for the clips.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

Found some 1965 NOS stuff, PM sent with the links!!!

Thanks Keith!

Some of the parts I do have but th rear bearings sounds great. I have sent him a mail. I'll see what he can do.

Started with the windshield wiper switch. There seems to twodifferent models. The left mine is from my car and do have some kind of ground cable outside while the other one has nothing. Same partnumber and same year. Any info out there?

The rings for the upper control arm bushing, what finish should it be in? Any help is appriciated.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 460
% hours of glass beading feels in my back. But it turned out just great. Now the next package is ready for US.

I got some great news. Howmany of us do know that the spacer for the fan is date coded? I certainly didn't and found out that I need a new one! The old one with a lot of dings and dents is shot. I had a almost new one but

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

I was fortunate to buy a set of NOS rear shocks for Mopars after market program: Mopar Multi Purpose Line.

I more interested when they was produced due to date codes. There is no difference between the assembly line shooks or the aftermarket ones other then the paint.

I will start the glass beading process tomorrow.

These ones have the date code 9C4.
9 = September
C = Third week
4 = 1964

So yes, these are the right ones. Thanks to FABO member "whitepunkonnitro" I now have them.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

fantastic reference pics! Who makes replacement inner fenders..besides you?

Cool car. I have a complete NOS heater for this car that i have had for 20 years. Never has been out of the box. got it from a dealership that was going out of business. your car might just be the car for something like this. complete under dash heater box, all controls, dash insert for 65 dart or cuda. This kit would be what you would order from the dealer years ago if the car you had was a heater delete and you wanted everything in one box to install factory heater in car. thought about it when I saw the level of restoration you are doing on this one...

That would be AWESOME!! Ulf is looking for a mint heater box, his car is perfect for those parts!!!

Send him a PM, trust me, you have just made his day!!

That would be AWESOME!! Ulf is looking for a mint heater box, his car is perfect for those parts!!!

Send him a PM, trust me, you have just made his day!!

Tell you what, i will go get it out of the garage and take some pics of it to post on here. have a small son with the flu and a young daughter that had oral surgery yesterday, so will need a little time, have my hands full right now but will post as quick as possible.... next few hours...

Tell you what, i will go get it out of the garage and take some pics of it to post on here. have a small son with the flu and a young daughter that had oral surgery yesterday, so will need a little time, have my hands full right now but will post as quick as possible.... next few hours...

Thank you. You have my made my New Years day one of the best. Thats for sure.

I glass beaded the rear shocks a did a paint job on it. Looks absolutely stock. The alternator support is done too. Looks great. Made a picture of the date code in the inside of the spacer for the fan. How many of new that? Not me!

View attachment 005.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 007.jpg

even the foam inside the little door is brand new!!! lol. how many years did it sit on the shelf? that's so neat that someone is able to help Ulf in this big project

even the foam inside the little door is brand new!!! lol. how many years did it sit on the shelf? that's so neat that someone is able to help Ulf in this big project

As far as I know it has never been out of box. over 45 years in that box. When i found it 20 years ago, i just opened the box and looked in, put it away and thought it might be of use to someone one day...

As far as I know it has never been out of box. over 45 years in that box. When i found it 20 years ago, i just opened the box and looked in, put it away and thought it might be of use to someone one day...

Hi there!
I'm all excited. I have sent you a PM.

Hi there!
I'm all excited. I have sent you a PM.
I can see your excitment, that heaterbox is awesome.
va58, you give the generous true Mopar guy a face with this offer to Ulf.
Any other guy would have kept this Nos item for himself. My 2c..:prayer:

That is too cool! I wish I had some nice parts you needed. I would love to be a small part of your restoration. tmm

-
Back