1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Here are pics of the boxes of NOS misc hardware we talked about, let me know if you can use anything :glasses7:

DSC04791.jpg

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04796.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04801.jpg

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04805.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

Started out with the passenger seat brackets. It wasn't a pretty site from the start.

However I did find metal tags from the manufacturer of the seat springs. They were produced December 14 of 1964. But the biggest supprice was that over the years I have heard rumors that the Los Angeles plant didn't put the broadcast sheet in the car anywhere. They just throwed it away. Well, on this car they didn't! They put the broadcast sheet under the passenger seat. There were some small pieces of paper left and I could even see the corner of the printing on it.

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

Started to glass bead the seat brackets. After one hour the first one was done. I found out that I need to change glass. Now it's like dust!!!!

I gave it a shot of paint and now it looks good. It seems like the bottom bracket was painted separatly and the to bracket was painted together.

The grease is a little tricky to get rid of.

The springs will be glass beaded too and repainted.

View attachment 001.jpg

I checked out the chromed corner on the backseat. It's in bad shape and need to be replaced.

I have a question for you guys that have 1965 DArt GT with white/gold interior. Whar color was the sunvisors? Where they gold or white?

My PlastiDip can arrived today. I started my "assembly line" to have all the clips dipped. I found out that the late Darts had clips that has a lap that goes on top of the clips. The early ones does not. It's just a clip with a hook for mounting on the line between the upper cowl and the fire wall. It might be a change in the production or different manufacturer between the assembly lines.

Anyway they turned out great!

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 001.jpg

Ulf, your nos heater box showed up a few minutes ago!!

Keith!

I hope everything was there, complete and without damage.

Tonight I ran out of luck. The air compressor hose got stuck due to cold and probably some water! That stopped the blaster gun too! I need to keep it in my heated shop. So will see what happens tomorrow.

But the clips turn out great!

View attachment 001.jpg

I checked the turn signal switch! It needs to be replaced. But I need an NOS one. The excellent reproduced one I bought from slantsixdan is in my convertible now!!

I'm not sure if the partnumber tag and the partnumber in the partsbook is the same. I'll see what I can find out.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 519
  • 002.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 529
I sure hope it arrived safe and sound. You received everything you paid for, Ulf, you have my word.....

Tim! It arrived as described. Thank you so much Tim. I hope youmight be able to see it in person later on.

Tonight I still had problems with the air compressor. I don't know what the problem is but I contacted a friend who works as an electrician and he will solve it tomorrow. (I hope!!)

The knobs on the seats, can they be bought new? Mine are dead and I mean stone dead!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 002.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 518
From what I have seen on unrestored early A's, sunvisors are the same color as the headliner.

Thanks dglearn and Rocket-Racing for your help. Mine are so tossed you can hardly see the pieces!

I picked up the rear axle today incl the drive shafts and one front drum. The parts looks like new. It's amazing how it looks. On the rear axle I found some more codes.

On the front drum are some stampings. I'm not sure what it stands for at the moment so if someone have some input I would appriciate it.

The postman showed up today with an NOS date coded battery from August 1964. Thanks it is dry so after some conversation with the batteryman in town he said that it will work.

View attachment 007.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 012.jpg

View attachment 013.jpg

View attachment 010.jpg

View attachment 011.jpg

It looks like the Hamtramck built Darts had a lock spring painted in black. Found some seat brackets from a Detroit built Dart and it was painted all black. Some differences between the factories.

Found a mint used seat knob. Just needs some polishing. Added the clamp for the power steering pressure hose on the K-frame. Looks good. Eric who helps me with the bolts and nuts wanted a copy of how the blue tags looked on the carburator. I have red ones but that was for manual transmission. Blue ones was for automatic transmission.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

The seat tracks for the passenger side is done except the seat adjuster spring. Turned out nice.

There doesn't seems to be any date codes on the seat tracks on early A-bodies. On the 67 and up date codes are present. At least on B-bodies. Not sure about the a-bodies.

View attachment 001.jpg

I need help!

On the rear end there should be some stampings on the tube.Both left and right side I think. This is a picture from the magazine "CARS" It shows a 1965 Dodge Coronet drag package car w/426 hemi.

If you see on the picture you can see 283 stamped in yellow on the left side tube. That's the last three digits in the partnumber. I don't know what the "B" stands for.

Now the question is: all I have found in markings are the blue and red paint splot under the carrier and one blue splot in the upper right corner of the carrier. HAs anyone seen or pictured there digit markings on the rear axle tubes? From my point of view the stampings should be blasted off with dirt and mud from the front wheels.

Any help in this is really appriciated.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

I got the final touch on the seat tracks. Yellow springs and yellow dichromated nuts!

Started out with the tracks for the drivers seat.

My brother-in-law Mikael took out his engine/transmission package out of his 65 Dart GT. The wiring for the neutral start switch has a clip on the transmission bolt. His car is built in Detroit. Does anyone know this clip? I have never seen it before. Also found out that the ground wire between the firewall and the engine was mounted to the exhaust bolt before the painting process.

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 007.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

Last night I had a great conversation with Larry Shepard. He runs a machine shop and from what I heard he does great jobs. Anyone doing business with him?
I was going to send him the bottom of my old factory carburator to him to restore but he wanted the hole thing. That was easier and will work like a new one. That makes my 3854S brand new one kind of left over. Well, I have to check when it's get back but feels great to get the carb done. But what to do with the other one?

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

-
Back