1965 Dodge Town Wagon

-

Mophile

Reaction score
I know it's not an A body but, does anyone on here know anything about Town Wagon's. I'm going to check one out this weekend. The owner doesn't know anything other than it has a 318 and runs great. I'm wondering what tranny and gears to expect? Are these things drivable on the freeway or are they just round town tanks. anyway just fishing for info.

thanks.

Should be a 318 Poly if original. Rear gears for a wagon are usually a little lower than the common 2.76. Could be 2.94, 3.23 or 3.55 if ordered with tow package. Make sure the timing chain is in good shape or better yet put in a new double roller, add Trail Beast ignition and drive it across the country! (after checking belts and hoses of course)

Is this like what you are looking at ? This is a file photo of a 65 Town Wagon.

Attachments

• 1965-Town-Wagon-7.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 183
-- Where'd you get that pic? that looks like a 52 210 panel truck with a Fargo fender. But totally legit! In 63 years I have never seen one of those..............
-- Typed '65 Town Wagon' into a search engine - several came up. - I assume that it's correct.

Attachments

• 65 Town Wagon.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 153
Wiki says they were an 11 year deal from 54 to 65, with very few changes.

Ok, now PowerWagons, those I have seen. My brother in law tried to sell me one last year. It had a running 5.9 injected motor in it too.I had no use for it and passed. My bad I guess

I know a few guys from the Dodge Ramcharger forums have stated these as the ancestors to the Dodge Ramcharger / Plymouth Traildusters

Here's a 1959
14429605887_7158eca068_b.jpg

These things are kinda cool lookin'!

There was one for sale here, a yellow 59' that used to be belong to an old military contractor (In Northern Utah of all places where vintage Mopar's are a rarity). The guy never wanted to sell it, he didn't even want to restore it, he mainly used it for a lawn decoration.
He finally passed away and his son eventually sold it to local enthusiast who owns an auto repair shop. He inspected the vehicle and surprisingly the body is good shape. The drivetrain and motor however were pretty seized up from sitting so long (about 40 years).

If it was me I would snag it!
But then I have kinda of a soft spot for those old power wagons, panel wagons, carryalls and such.

How about the 42' Wagon Carryall?

2fbbe90453ebf33af5d08d4bc3436c78.jpg

-
Back