1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273 4 speed for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember also just like a bird in the wild. When it comes to selling fast buyers like shiney items. I have seen cars that run like crap and have a good shine bring more than a good running car that just needs paint. Most people cant paint themselves.

But I would hold off on saying that it is a solid car. needs a bit of rust repair

I think most opinions of what makes a solid car are about the presence of rust in critical areas such as frame rail areas, under windshield gaskets, absence of quarters, in rockers, etc.

The rust here is only in the outer skin and doesn't even involve the seams or welds or some light perforations in the spare tire well. These rust areas do not affect the structural integrity so I feel okay with saying solid. I did point out the rust along with my opinion of being solid in my ad. Go up north and solid is different. I bought a valiant from a guy in North Florida who said it was solid (but didn't tell me the car was from Wisconsin) and the upper control arms were so rusted they broke unloading the car. Undercoating was covering up the totally rusted out floor pans, when the car slammed down on the broken UCA's the driver seat almost went to the ground through the "solid" floorboards. Car did run well. And after some rigging, I could move it around enough to part it out.

This car IS in my opinion S-O-L-I-D!, just wish it was S-O-L-D!!!!

ps I ain't hacking on your opinion just ranting because the market sucks.

Your are right about the up north and "solid cars" I live in Vancouver BC canada, and cars up here suck. A Solid car would be yours without the trunk issue. these cars up here get inner fenders that look like swiss cheese. But you have to consider that when posting a car on the interneet here, you are selling to people all over the North america, if not the world.

a car in CA, or AZ, that is "solid" is in fact Solid.

My definition of Solid is serface rust.

another way to look at it is if an amature could do the bodywork on your car...than its solid.

If you need to break out a welder...not solid. IMHO.

No worries about Hacking at me, wasn't taking any of it to heart. I just saw your car, and how much you were asking, and I thought I would give a little heads up. The market does suck if you are selling ( so don't sell) But if you are a buyer...:).

unfortunatly, or fortunatly I am not a seller or a buyer right now. I just need money to change that though.

Now what can I sell!

Phil

Phil, It's funny you mention AZ and CA (and by those abbreviations) because I had originally included them in my rant, but deleted it since it was so long. But coastal california cars have some rust some times. I have located a spare tire pan and will begin drilling out the tack welds and pop it in mine. I also found that someone put a small piece of sheet metal in the driver's rear floorboard because the drain plug there would not stay sealed (I think i would have siliconed it) no rust, but three small screw holes that don't even penetrate the undercoating.

Being where you are cuts your market down alot, but saying that I too am sad that you haven't even gotten an offer. I was thinking the early A's were in demand.
Last fall I payed $3500 for my 66 with an 8 3/4, brand new 273(never started)/new aftermarket clutch and pressure plate/completely rebuilt 4 spd(came with all the reciepts) and that was befor the market crashed. It needed floors but that was it so you may be a little high for todays market but that doesn't mean it's not worth what your asking. I am still torn that I paid too much for mine but thats water under the bridge.

Being where you are cuts your market down alot, but saying that I too am sad that you haven't even gotten an offer. I was thinking the early A's were in demand.
Last fall I payed $3500 for my 66 with an 8 3/4, brand new 273(never started)/new aftermarket clutch and pressure plate/completely rebuilt 4 spd(came with all the reciepts) and that was befor the market crashed. It needed floors but that was it so you may be a little high for todays market but that doesn't mean it's not worth what your asking. I am still torn that I paid too much for mine but thats water under the bridge.

Yeah but you bought what you wanted. Listen to this......

I bought a 1972 demon 318 with cam, headers, 4 BRL intake NO carb though.
Interior had no carpet, NO front seats.
$spd car, but clutch was blown.
Inner front feders are toast. Lower rears need replacing. Front fenders are good, and so are the floors. Trunk needs work, and the exhaust is completely gone.

Now here is what I paid......$4000. 3 years ago

You can buy some decent demons through here for $4000.

My mistake was that I didn't know about cars in the US, or should I say how to import them. I would have never spent $4000 for this car if I had known. But the fact of the matter is that I REALLY LOVE DEMONS. and there were no other demons in my area. the only other demon that I found for sale was two years earlier and it had NO motor or Tranny. No interior, stripped down even dash was out. No glass. no trim, and the guy wanted $2500. SO $4000 for mine looked great at the time.

The point is, if you reallly want something, $ doesn't matter too much.

when I sell my Demon. I won't advertise it on here, because I will get laughed at, but I know I will sell it for what I want up here just because there are none of them.

Phil

Did someone say "Demon for sale!?!" I mean "baby on the way!"

Heads up Phil!

Ps. love the stories, sucks the market is very sofffft AND MoPar to ya~!

Too bad about the early A's not fetching much $, but I think its why we love em & have so many of them! Or am I alone on that one!?! Knew I shoulda got into B&E bodies back in the day... Stuck with welfare A's now I guess! :)

Good luck with the selling the car, would be a nice daily, sounds fairly solid, just a lil crispy! We know what you mean though, it is pretty good as far as these early A's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back