Not open for further replies.

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Contact seller
'65 Plymouth 4 door. I'm just "poking" the waters. No prize here, has some bondo around the rear quarters, a few bubbles coming out on about a 20 yr old paint job (probably in someone's garage). 318 is out of an '85 Dodge truck (has the 302 heads but flat tappet cam). I never rebuilt it. Stuck it in about 5 yrs ago and so it is. I did add a 4bbl & intake a couple of years ago. It has the column cable shift tranny that shifts real slow from 2nd to 3rd. I have the adapting cable for the '66 and newer tranny that I bought from Imperial Services (200.00). Rear end is an 8 3/4. Never checked the gears but I guessing 2.94's. No show car, just a cruiser. It has a solid trunk floor, solid under the hood, solid frame, but drivers floor has rust. Manual brakes and steering. Lights, blinkers, horn, blower motor, wipers all work. Heater core leaks and is currently bypassed, radio doesn't work but lights. Please, I'm only interested in talking on phone if you are serious. You will have to arrange your own shipping or pick-up. 2950.00 cash. Firm. Cash in hand or the car doesn't move. Car is 1/2 hour from Dubuque, Iowa on the Illinois side.

Attachments

• DSCI1917.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 975
  • DSCI1916.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 988
  • DSCI1918.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 979
  • DSCI1919.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 965
I have a 360 I want to break in..... So..... If anyone has interest, let me know very soon because I might throw the 360 in this car just to break it in. If I do, I won't be selling this car for a while. I'm thinking the 360 might end up in here this week (7-20-15)

P.S. PayPal is great!! Cash is better!!!!!!!! LOL

Change of plans... 360 is not going in this car. I do have a 727 I can throw in if interested. I already mentioned I have the conversion shift cable from Imperial Services that comes with the car. Only thing that would be needed is the drive shaft shortened and 727 yoke. It's very drivable as it sits, I drive it. I just let off the gas for the 2-3 shift, and it's fine. Anyways, just in case someone was think'n, thought I'd mention this.

When you say the 1-2 shift is slow do you mean it shifts at a higher speed?

When you say the 1-2 shift is slow do you mean it shifts at a higher speed?
2-3 shift. Just taking off normal, you need to let off the gas to get it to go from 2nd to 3rd. If you don't let off the gas, it will just rev up like it's stuck between gears. 1-2 shift is fine. Even under floored conditions it shifts just fine from 1st to 2nd.

I removed the 4bbl & intake for a different project. It now has a 2bbl carb/intake on it. Carb works good. New price is 2700.00 firm. No matter the method of payment, it will be turned to cash before the car leaves. :D Locals are welcome to come and look at it if interested.

Attachments

• DSCI1955.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCI1956.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 316
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back