1965 plymouth valiant transmission gear linkage

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
I have a 65 valiant with power steering Auto on the column. i wanted to see it anyone had a picture of the parking gear selector linkage that comes off the steering column and attaches to the transmisson in the engine bay. the car never came with one.

I have a 65 valiant with power steering Auto on the column. i wanted to see it anyone had a picture of the parking gear selector linkage that comes off the steering column and attaches to the transmisson in the engine bay. the car never came with one.

I took a quick look at mine yesterday, but I wasn't clear what you wanted.

This is the steering post (on the right in the picture). Maybe what you are looking for are the cables coming out from the boot-thing. (not to be confused with the brake lines that are routed against the firewall). Looks like two cables above the brake line in the first picture. The second picture might give you some frame of reference... but you cannot see the cables from there.
IMG_20171004_083557.jpg

IMG_20171004_083632.jpg

I am working on a 1965 Valiant Convert. and have the steering column removed. I think you are talking about the cable that works the park gear in the transmission. There is another one that changes the gears. If the park cable is removed someone must have plugged the hole where it joins to the trans. or you will loose your trans. fluid. The cable's are almost impossible to find used and a new one is over 200.00 dollars. I just repaired mine because the design of the car had the cable too close to the exhaust and the plastic cover cracked causing the fluid to leak. I can send you a picture when I get to my shop as the cable is still out of the car. I had to re wrap it to seal the leak.

I am working on a 1965 Valiant Convert. and have the steering column removed. I think you are talking about the cable that works the park gear in the transmission. There is another one that changes the gears. If the park cable is removed someone must have plugged the hole where it joins to the trans. or you will loose your trans. fluid. The cable's are almost impossible to find used and a new one is over 200.00 dollars. I just repaired mine because the design of the car had the cable too close to the exhaust and the plastic cover cracked causing the fluid to leak. I can send you a picture when I get to my shop as the cable is still out of the car. I had to re wrap it to seal the leak.
Here is the picture.
20171004_135813.jpg

-
Back