-
Status
Not open for further replies.

skylines225

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for an NOS thermal or non-thermal fan clutch for a 273 Commando V8. The aftermarket ones are great, but do not fit with the a 4 row radiator. I am currently running what seems to be the original fan clutch, but it is wearing out. Any info is much appreciated!

I have a used one I was thinking of putting on my 273, but I haven't found a fan for it. It looks good, but I can't guarantee how it works since I haven't installed it. If you are interested I will shoot a pic and confirm the part #. I would need $60 plus shipping.

I don't think the early A bodies had a fan clutch offered.
all the early a's I have worked on had a fan bolted to the water pump with a spacer.

I don't think the early A bodies had a fan clutch offered.
all the early a's I have worked on had a fan bolted to the water pump with a spacer.

What I know of only Darts, Valiants and Barracudas with 273 and a/c had the fan clutch! They also had the very special metal cover to get a better cooling. All this started in 1965 when the a/c was factory equipment.

My 64 had this put on by the dealer. The car is a mid year 64. So the new stuff might have already been out for a/c.

My 1965 Barracuda w/273 and factory A/C had the clutch fan and metal shroud from the factory. During the car's restoration, I faced with the same problem trying to find a correct clutch fan unit. In the end, I was very lucky to locate a NOS one (part # 2536675) for my car.

I explored several options including after market models, but found none had the same body diameter size as the 2536675. ( after market around 7" diameter vs 6" for the 2536675)

I also contacted ( www.pamperedcorvettes.com/‎ ) about having my original unit rebuilt. And yes they can/will rebuild my one unit, but the price was very expensive I thought. As I recall, somewhere in the neighborhood of $300-400. But, it is another option if all else fails.

FYI, my 65 parts book list 2536675 as fitting all 273 and 318 cars ( A and B).

Good luck on the hunt.

It's set up for a/c and has a fan shround. I found a used one that is slightly newer for a '68. It should fit being that its almost identical. The cost for rebuilding one is insane. Thanks for the support

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back