1966 barracuda 273 auto value

-

440gordy

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 66 barracuda with a factory 273 2bbl auto/colum shift for 1500.00. I cant find any parts like front or rear bumpers anywhere. It was hit in the LH rear taillight and wobbled the quarter panel some. needs a light pull to straighten out. Why is it so hard to find parts and is this car worth the money?? any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

440Gordy

One reason parts are a little hard to find is this was a single year body style. As far as price goes, need a lot more info. What shape is the rest of the body in? Is the car fairly complete or is there a lot of parts missing? What does the interior look like? What shape does the engine appear to be in. Does it run and drive? I paid $1,100.00 for my 66 Barracuda about 6 years ago. Had a bad /6, pretty good body, 99%+ complete, an door liners kick panels rear seat in SUPER shape. Also how much work do you want to do? Pictures would be a big help.
I'm sure other will also some advice.
On the whole 15 doesn't sound to bad. Good luck and let us all know what happens.
Mike

It is all about rust. A rust-free, straight body alone is worth ~$800. Rusted-thru frame rails and it is scrap metal price.

X2 BillGrissom
fact is the more poplular a body style , the more aftermarket parts available. there are way more repop parts for say, a 69 roadrunner or 70 cuda, than a 66 cuda!! you can restore it to what ever condition you want but remember, everything in life COSTS $$$$$$.
buy a car because you love the style, and figure a project will cost you labor and parts. the more work YOU do, the less it costs ya.
that still leaves parts. missing bumpers,? these can be found used or rechromed. likeDenvermike asked: what condition is this car jn? whats missing? runs? drives?? how much work can you do and how many $$ have ya got to get it drivable????

You can find quarter patches and have to modify the trunk drop downs. The 66 valiant I have I'm using barracuda parts nothing is available. :wack:

Laysons has parts for this car, Contact Rick@laysons on here, he will take care of ya. Ive got a 66 Im working on as well, so I feel your pain

I've been working on 66 Cuda's for about 25 years now, and I can say that your number one ally is patience! The parts/cars are out there, you just gotta be patient and be ready to pounce when you see what you need!

I am doing a clone 66 convertible Barracuda and was looking for grilles and rockers as nice as the ones on my fastback! Lo and behold, some popped up here from a very upstanding member who had just sold his car! Everybody in need balked about the price of the grille (complete-$400), I jumped on it! They're as nice as my NOS grilles in my fastback, now tell me you can find grilles that nice any cheaper!!

$1500 is a little high for a car that's been hit, but I'm sure that price can be negotiated some to bring it down to reasonable levels!

Patience grasshopper, patience!!! Geof

Thanks everyone. I wish i had some pics to show you but the body from what i can see without putting it on a lift is in great shape. It does show some pin holes in the botton of the 1/4 panels but appears to have the original paint on it. From what I cant tell right now all the interior (black) is in the car. My buddy said he heard and drove the car right before it was parked 5 years ago and it ran and drove perfect. I am also able to do ALL restoration by my self including using a frame machine if needed. I used to own my own body shop so im good to go on that aspect. I basically can tear this car completely apart and put it together with little to no help at all.

64-65 front clip, then you got 2 years of cars to look at.

-
Back