1966 Barracuda Detroit Show Car Prototype Custom Concept?

-
Don't forget to paint the inner portion of the headlight bezels black :glasses7:

I'll make sure painter adds to his list
Thanks

Hey guys , I'm looking for a Z bar for the clutch linkage and a power brake booster and vacuum tank . Any help would be greatly appreciated
I believe Brewer's and Passon have the Z bar. If you have a slant 6 bar, you can cut it down to work with a V8. The 6cyl one is just a bit longer on the bell housing end.

I wonder what the story is on the mirrors. That last photo shows a RH mirror which wasn't an option so It must have been added. Another photo seems to show just the mounting holes but no RH mirror. In the first photos, there are no mirrors at all, on either side! I don't see the commando exhaust tip on any of the photos. Was it a custom exhaust?

The right hand mirror was an option in 66, and the black 66 Cuda that I sold a couple years ago had that option!! Looks like a drivers side twin post mirror, but the base is canted slightly to correct the plumb on the post of the mirror, just like the drivers side but canted the other way!!

the motor has been rebuilt , but that's about it lately , should be back working on the Cuda in the next week or so , got a couple of other jobs to finish first

65dartcharger , got the vacuum tank a couple of days ago , thank you very much .
Work has resumed on the car , installing the shifter hump and trans mount , that had been cut out of the car when the tremec five speed tranny was installed on the last rebuild , four speed going back into the car ,I'll try and post pictures in the next couple of days

The right hand mirror was an option in 66, and the black 66 Cuda that I sold a couple years ago had that option!! Looks like a drivers side twin post mirror, but the base is canted slightly to correct the plumb on the post of the mirror, just like the drivers side but canted the other way!!

I've seen plenty of them that were added later, but, not from the factory. I've looked at thousands of '66 A-bodies over the years but have yet to see the RH mirror option on the fender tag or broadcast sheet. If anyone has one, PLEASE post it! In all other years and models where I've seen one, the RH mirror is in the same style as the LH remote control type mirror....not in the manual twin post version.

I've seen plenty of them that were added later, but, not from the factory. I've looked at thousands of '66 A-bodies over the years but have yet to see the RH mirror option on the fender tag or broadcast sheet. If anyone has one, PLEASE post it! In all other years and models where I've seen one, the RH mirror is in the same style as the LH remote control type mirror....not in the manual twin post version.

The right hand outside mirror became availible for the public Novemver 20, 1964. According to the accessory announcement it was dealer installed.

Guys are back on to the Barracuda , Wilwood brakes are off , drum brakes going on , transmission crossmember has been Installed , shifter hump has been fitted , should have car done by end of April

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 309
Motor going in tomorrow , carpet is almost done , trying to have the car ready to drive by the end of next week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 351
Motor going in tomorrow , carpet is almost done , trying to have the car ready to drive by the end of next week

Color on engine looks orange,,,,should be red, but looks nice:glasses7:

Love the whole thread.... Anything from an early mild custom, should be preserved. How many Mopar hot rods,end up as mild customs? This is the areas, I get excited about....

Motor is in , yes it is orange , we thought it was suppose to be red but apparently on the original build of the car the motor was repainted in orange
Hope to fire it up this weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 235
should have the drum brakes back on the car tomorrow and have the car rolling with the Blue Streak tires and Ansen wheels on it
Spare tire has been mounted into place

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 232
I'm enjoying the build of your car. Excellent attention to detail. Are you going to hit any car shows in the US this year? I'd love to see it up close.

The car is going to the U.S. this summer to be in some shows , schedule to be decided soon.

Getting ready to put the seats back in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 181
Car is back on the ground rolling on it's new wheels and tires , I'll have better pictures once the car is cleaned and detailed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 167
Close up of the front wheel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 198
Rear wheel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 170
Deck letters have been put back on