-
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankReal66

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im searching for a fan shroud for my 66' Barracuda. She over heats a bit and I was told that a shroud would help, however finding one is no easy task. If anyone has any idea of where i can find one or another that i could adapt to it I'd truly appreciate it!

Also any ideas onto why it may over heat could really be helpful.. i read on some other websites that its common.. wouldnt like that however :(

Thank you !

Attachments

• 20150825_222538.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 187
I have a repro factory type shroud that may help, its been cut on the hose locations for clearance but a real cheap way if you can make it work. they go for 180 on ebay but i will let you have for 50 + ship if you want it

Im searching for a fan shroud for my 66' Barracuda. She over heats a bit and I was told that a shroud would help, however finding one is no easy task. If anyone has any idea of where i can find one or another that i could adapt to it I'd truly appreciate it!

Correct fan shrouds for early A's are not the easiest to find - that's because I was told I hoard the 4 I have! :D To make the shroud work correctly with the 65/66 radiator, you also need the correct mounting brackets. I'll drop you a PM about it.

Also any ideas onto why it may over heat could really be helpful.. i read on some other websites that its common.. wouldnt like that however :(

Thank you !

It would be helpful to know when it's overheating - driving along the highway at speed or low speed driving or ?

Also, welcome to FABO!

I just put a fan shroud on my 66 Barracuda, it also was getting a little hot. I got one from another member here but to help you out for right now until you find one go to your local auto parts store and get a bottle of water wetter "it's an additive for you antifreeze" and add it to your radiator it might help you out for the time being, I added a bottle to mine before I installed the shroud and it did definitely help out. Here are some pictures of the shroud I put on mine. Good luck
Bob

Attachments

• z276.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 181
  • z277.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 152
  • z278.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 169
  • z279.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 164
  • z280.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 170
A 6 or 7 bladed fan would help a lot also, but it needs to be a 17" fan if you're gonna use an OE shroud!

I was concerned about mine overheating also. It really never got about 200* though.

I found one on Craigslist using the nationwide Craigslist search engine: http://www.dailylister.com/. Paid $150 about two years and had to pay for shipping.

You also want to make sure you have the front rubber hood to radiator seal. It helps keep air flowing through the radiator.

Here's a picture of mine. Looks just like 66 Cuda's!!

By the way, since this picture, I replaced that hideous looking flex hose!!

Attachments

• Engine Installed.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 160
The correct fan shrouds for 65 and 66 a-bodies are metal, not being reproduced and hard to find. It's best to find someone that is selling one as a "package" with the shroud, mounting brackets, bolts and the special nutserts that fit in the sides of your radiator.

The correct fan shrouds for 65 and 66 a-bodies are metal, not being reproduced and hard to find. It's best to find someone that is selling one as a "package" with the shroud, mounting brackets, bolts and the special nutserts that fit in the sides of your radiator.

I think 65Dartman Don can hook him up with all that, except maybe a fan with more blades!

True, they are not be reproduced. I have even the brackets and all the rest of the hardware. I am going to try and do a 1 off shroud. I bought a small metal brake as I need a 22 inch V8 size shroud but for a slant. I had a V8 radiator recored to a 3 core and had the shop add a slant 6 upper/lower nipple to about where it would have been if the factory had offered it.

I think 65Dartman Don can hook him up with all that, except maybe a fan with more blades!

I have at least 3 or 4 correct fans as well as a few with 6 blades. My wife says I am a car parts hoarder; naw, the parts just tend to accumulate!

True, they are not be reproduced. I have even the brackets and all the rest of the hardware. I am going to try and do a 1 off shroud. I bought a small metal brake as I need a 22 inch V8 size shroud but for a slant. I had a V8 radiator recored to a 3 core and had the shop add a slant 6 upper/lower nipple to about where it would have been if the factory had offered it.

I have at least 3 or 4 correct fans as well as a few with 6 blades. My wife says I am a car parts hoarder; naw, the parts just tend to accumulate!

Can't be a hoarder, I saw you selling parts at the Nats!! Actually, I didn't see you "selling" parts, probably just a front for the bride, but it was a "Valiant" effort on your part!!!

Thanks for all the replies guys! Didnt expect this over night! She does have a 6 blade fan, I remember checking because someone had asked me the same thing.

Correct fan shrouds for early A's are not the easiest to find - that's because I was told I hoard the 4 I have! :D To make the shroud work correctly with the 65/66 radiator, you also need the correct mounting brackets. I'll drop you a PM about it.

It would be helpful to know when it's overheating - driving along the highway at speed or low speed driving or ?

Also, welcome to FABO!

She begins to heat up when she's idling, even after she's off she takes a really long time to cool off. She does well when running the which is why I tend to keep on highways and avoid street lights.

Also, welcome to FABO!

Thanks! Appreciate the help and i will be PM'ing you in a bit. Once again thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back