1966 Barracuda Formula S on Bring A Trailer NOT MINE

-

Yeppers!!! Love the early A's, must be why I have owned many from 62 to 65. To me they remind me of the early B bodies, just smaller... and easier to find and buy, way less expensive, and cool fun little cars!!!

Last year, I passed om a 63 Dart a bud had found. Solid Tx car, fresh 225 slant, and priced right....... Seldom do I see any project here priced right and if so, it is gone in a day or so IF a popular model.. the overpriced junk stay for sale and never sale. Still kicking myself.

I remember meeting Mike Clifford at the Nats about 25 years ago. He was wheels up even back then, and helped me pick out a converter for my 66.

FWIW, a number of sources say that the first gen barracuda was also assembled at St. louis, although I don't find consistent entries as to north or south plant. The North plant opened in 1966, so for that model year it's a toss up. Of course, the sources have circular references, but even Wikipedia is pulling the same language. Can anyone verify a 66 with a BP29D67XXXXXX serial number?
I know you asked about 66, but my 65 Barracuda was built in St. Louis.

Yep, back in the 90’s it seemed like I was the only one doing an early A body. Guys at the Nationals we’re waiting for me to show up because they had really nice parts, and they knew I was buying. Besides my friend who was racing her early Barracuda, I can’t recall any early Barracudas, and certainly no early Darts, at any shows. I got a lot of nice parts for my Barracuda, and got one of the first sets of Spitfire headers directly from Harold. He was using my friends Barracuda as his mock-up for the headers, and she told me to call him as he had just got them done and ready for production. $188 to my door in 3 days.
I drove my 65 Barracuda to the Mopar Nats in 85 and 88.

-
Back