1966 Barracuda help!!

-

64mustang65

Reaction score
Guys, I am new to this site and a new Mopar owner as of Monday! I have tried to decode this Cuda since then and can only decode the VIN...Wondering if anyone can help with the fender tag? The numbers along the bottom are as follows:
11300014 - BP29 - P4X - SS1 B
Below the alphabet is 315

Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• IMG00204-20120311-1107.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 295
11300014 Sales order number

BP29= 2 door hardtop

P4X= Black Vinyl interior

SS1=Soft yellow paint

B=? maybe top inside of door color black

Below the alphabet is
31= 273 2barrel
5= auto trans

I used the following web page for this information
http://earlyvaliant.org/tech/tag.htm

The b4 is bucket seats. Yeah, the B under the T in paint is the inside upper door frame color (black). The SS1 is actually a cream color. I'm not sure of the w6.....it's a sales/delivery code of some sort.

Thanks guys! The guy I purchased this car from was the original owner and stated he bought it new in 1966 in Canada...Thus, no Plymouth badging front or rear...Not sure if that means anything or not, but it was bought at a Dodge dealer as still has the window sticker...Awesome condition and never outside. I was going to buy just to resell, but gotta keep her!

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 272
Nice!!! no wonder you converted and came to the light:cheers: Now change that screen name:wack:

Thanks guys! The guy I purchased this car from was the original owner and stated he bought it new in 1966 in Canada...Thus, no Plymouth badging front or rear...Not sure if that means anything or not, but it was bought at a Dodge dealer as still has the window sticker...Awesome condition and never outside. I was going to buy just to resell, but gotta keep her!

Keep it, they are getting hard to find in that condition.

That makes sense as there is a code ending in 6 that indicates a Canadian built model so that w6 might be it. Usually an export car will have another fender tag that is a big oval shaped thing that says built for export on it. Was the antenna added? There is no radio code so it should have been a radio delete car....at least on the U.S. models.

There is an am/fm radio in it. Antenna is a ?? And I have no idea about anything on the car! I just know I got online Sunday morning while visiting my sister-in-law in Virginia and saw it just posted...called, and traveled 6 hours to get my trailer and headed back to get it! It is in great condition and will probably keep her! Awesome info guys!

Hi...great looking find....and uncovering a car like that and discovering FABO will likely lead to miles and miles and hours and hours of just plain fun.
And a request....would you post a picture of the window sticker? I would love to see it.
Thanks and welcome, Pat

AWESOME car!!! Same color as mine. Buckets & console, auto ????? You'll enjoy people
turning to stare at you coming down the street.... first thing they gotta figure out is ...What kind of car it is!!! You dont see them every day. ENJOY YOUR FIND!!!!!!

Nice Barracuda you have. Re the fendertag on the number 11300014.

113 is the production date. In this case January 13, 1966

The sequense number is 00014.

Good luck with the car. That's a keeper.

didnt know the SO number was a date breakdown? Im screwed...my SO number on my 65 is (55)40100001...I got the first car built on April fools day!!! 8-O

-
Back