-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Contact seller
I have the original radiator from my 66 Barracuda V8 automatic car part number 2582931, these were also used in the A/C cars. My plans were to have this rebuilt and reinstall in my 66 but it never happened and my car was sold. It will need to be re-cored the tanks and side brackets are in good shape. $100.00 plus shipping from Michigan, look at the pictures this is the part that you will receive.

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

According to the factory parts manual, the 931 is for a non-A/C car. The 933 is the A/C version. Of course, either one could have had the core replaced at some point....either 2 row or 3 row. There are also at least a couple of other numbers that year that aren't in the factory parts manual, so, it's all a bit confusing. It think some of it had to do with what transmission it had to although they list some numbers that are supposed to be for either automatic or manual transmission. It's probably that the parts manual lists one number to replace either of the original assembly line pieces. I know there is also a factory original 930 tank, and also a 975 which I've had on 3 different Formula S's. The 975's I've had were all 3 row and with a shroud. I've had 933's with 3 row and a shroud too, so, who knows why they had two different numbers for basically the same radiator.

This 931 is what came with my 66 and it was a non A/C car. I worked for Chrysler for 35+ years building pickups and MA Chrysler knows when parts started to get scarce what ever we had was used to keep that line rolling whether it was the correct number or not. The parts book has what the engineers wanted in there but that did not always happen.

The exact measurements of this radiator are from top of tank to bottom of tank is 21 3/4", from bottom of the tank to the top of the filler neck is 22 1/2", from the outside of the side brackets to outside of the side bracket is 25 5/8", and from the center of the mounting holes both top and bottom to the center of mounting holes is 24 1/2" it's known as a 22" radiator and has the provisions for the automatic trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back